5zigen pro racer zz is too quiet ?

Josh3manstarlet

Fresh Recruit
Basically i brought a 5zigen pro racer zz for my glanza,
My car is pretty much standard apart from this engine wise,
It is so quiet its barely noticable. How can i make it louder ? Is there baffles i can remove or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you josh :)

jimglanza

Member +
Have you still got the cat on there or decat pipe? Also is the exhaust brand new or new to you?

After a few weeks with a decat mine had a noticeable rumble, there not known for being really loud. If you want lound get a japspeed system and leave the bung out, that will give you a headache after a few miles.

Josh3manstarlet

Fresh Recruit
Have you still got the cat on there or decat pipe? Also is the exhaust brand new or new to you?

After a few weeks with a decat mine had a noticeable rumble, there not known for being really loud. If you want lound get a japspeed system and leave the bung out, that will give you a headache after a few miles.

Its about 3-4 months old , And im not to sure about the cat :s

steve-gers

Member +
Take it to an exhaust place and get them to cut the middle box out and replace it with a bit of straight pipe that will give you plenty of noise.

sx_turbo

Lifer
remove that gat and up the boost add an air filter, get it mapped and bobs your uncle,

if you are planning on mods at a later date leave as is for now until you fitted your mods, as the mods can change how the exhaust sounds.

also have you got the complete 5zigen system? if you only have the back bax then i recomend replacing the stock centre, if its a complete system you have then see above

Josh3manstarlet

Fresh Recruit
Take it to an exhaust place and get them to cut the middle box out and replace it with a bit of straight pipe that will give you plenty of noise.

Ye i rang the exhaust place an they said 60 quid to replace it with a straight through bit so im gunna do that thanks dudes :)

Josh3manstarlet

Fresh Recruit
remove that gat and up the boost add an air filter, get it mapped and bobs your uncle,

if you are planning on mods at a later date leave as is for now until you fitted your mods, as the mods can change how the exhaust sounds.

also have you got the complete 5zigen system? if you only have the back bax then i recomend replacing the stock centre, if its a complete system you have then see above

Yer im going to go the fcd and rrfpr route. And ive got an apexi filter on it at the moment just need to route it to the front . Ive got my intetcooler ready to be fitted just need to get it done. Only lookin for around 180bhp but still need mani decat all the rest etc etc lol

shanegt

Member +

how does the japspeed sound with the bung, would it be quiet like the 5zigen?
cheers shane.

jimglanza

Member +
Nope! with a decat and with the bung its still loud imo even with the cat in place and a tuned engine it made a fair bit of noise. Also i did notice with the bung in the back silencer it restricted the car i little bit!

If you want to drive you car around towns and citys on a regular basis then i would be very careful with having an exhaust thats to loud as the police are now very hot on it this year and will make you take a full mot if its not within the set db reading. They hold your car at 2000rpm at the side of the road and test the noise with a sound meter, if its to loud you will have to take another mot within a time limit oh and they can also check against your insurance to see if you have declared!

Its all fun though lol dont want to scare you just giving you the heads up, can only give advice on my own experience!