affixing number plates

Nwimie

Member +
just wanted a general discusion on how people have fitted there plates out of the way of a FMIC. ive made my own kind of bracket but keeps failing every so often.

Has anyone tried a Evo 8 style holder?? as was thinking of buying one and adapting to fit.

or have you just drilled into the bumper?

:)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Drilled the bumper, never came off once.

DSCF0170.jpg

Nwimie

Member +
think im gonna go for screwing into the bumper today just have to go drill some holes in my plate first

VXR230BHP

Member +
Double sided tape. We use it in trade to stick letters and stuck on, theres not a hope in hell of it coming off. I don't like the thought
of drilling the bumper, I have a mk1 and the thought of drilling holes into it sends me cold haha

matt walters

Member +
if you do it in the right place you can drill the bumper underneath the lip so you cant see the holes if the plate is removed at shows etc

make 2 L shaped brackets, bolt the long side to the plate and have the other bit about an inch long and screw it to the underside of the main part of the bumber :)

madman

Member +
good double sided tape and hasnt moved in 2 years but its getting to the end of its life now or the tegwia ones are good too and you dont have to drill the front of the bumper either just the underside of it

Nwimie

Member +
did mine today 2 self tapping screws and the little plastic covers drilled 2 holes in the plate and screwed it into my bumper both screws at top looks good.and will always be mounted there so no need to worry about the holes made.