air filter relocation, whats the best method and filter?

Paddy

Lifer
Airfilter relocation

i have an apexi induction kit on my glanza, if i took out the pipe that goes along side of the engine and had the filter on the pipe that runs along the front of the then would i get more noise from the turbo. thanks

gt-stu

Member +
not that much to be honest.just a wee bit.tried various filters positions.between the standard plcae and at the end of the stra:)ight section there aint much diff to warrant putting it there.

try it yourself and see,if you have a small enough filter it takes two secs

C

CaL

air filter relocation idea!!FAO dave burwash relocation users....!

reet had a idea for all you ''aircon keeper'' people who want to relocate your air filter.....what about if you buy a dave burwash relocating pipe(pic please)and turned it down wards to the ground?it would fit with work wouldnt it?has any one a picture of theirs?and if they could try this...that would be great....

cheers:rockon:.cal

C

CaL

why would you?would just the pipe that dave does fit....but make it longer(closer to the ground)?

C

CaL

dodgyaairfilterplan-1.jpg

Adam_Glanza

Member +
people have done it before, most people worry about water when going threw puddles caining their filters thus making it useless

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
yep, once and for all! ..u dont need it mate, unless you drive through snow or 1/2 a meter depth of water everyday!

C

CaL

lol @ kon....well dan i.e 3sgte has his hks basically sitting on the floor ...and hasnt had any problems yet i think....would i be able to do it though with the aircon?oh and the car isnt used much in the rain btw lol

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeh 3sgte has his air filter in a silly place! But he obviously hasn't had any problems, but wait til he has to go through a puddle! The hks shroom will soak up all the water and add like 15kgs to the car :p

Why don't you just try meshing the turbo instead of relocating the air filter? Theres far less chance of any shite getting in that way and i'm sure it will make it hella more responsive!

froshtyv

Member +
Just throw some mesh over the inlet,

Never had any probs with mine doing this and it sounds great spooling too!!

I took off my compressor housing on my ct9 the last day,

Ive ran it with nothing at all over the inlet and there isnt a mark on any of the blades..