Anti roll bar bushes

p_a_green29

Member +
Firstly im guessing you can get poly bushes for the anti roll bar?

My glanza is standard, the only thing I dont like is it seems to lean too much round corners but im not looking to lower it.

Anyone with any experiences of just doing the bushes on a std car?

monka

Member +
pushes wont really stop body roll mate, not to a great deal.

your not going to get a great handling car leaving the suspension standard.

you could fit better roll bars

starbogt

Member +
uprating the anti roll bar front adding one to the rear will help but you would need stronger springs and uprated dampers to release full potential of the cars handling. Bushes wont alter the body roll but it will feel more solid.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i found just replacing the bushes with stock toyota ones made a noticeable difference to the handling of the car.
if you upgraded to poly ones alone im sure you would notice a difference but would need to be coupled with other suspension mods to really make a decent difference.

Aga

Member +
i've changed my outer ones with pink cusco ones, but the central ones on the front ARB which are TRD, unfortunately don't fit my TRD ARB, cause it's thicker. ironic ,don't you think?

Jay

Admin
i've changed my outer ones with pink cusco ones, but the central ones on the front ARB which are TRD, unfortunately don't fit my TRD ARB, cause it's thicker. ironic ,don't you think?

Just on the topic of those particular bushes Alex, any idea where to get the TRD ARB specific bushes? I appear to have misplaced one.

Running without a bar until I find one.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Just on the topic of those particular bushes Alex, any idea where to get the TRD ARB specific bushes? I appear to have misplaced one.

Running without a bar until I find one.

i had the same problem jay, was a nightmare, so i just reused my old ones on the end.

but i think if you measure the diameter of the roll bar, you should be able to buy whiteline polybus ones possibly.

if not could buy the TRD ones for the stock roll bar and make the hole in the centre larger.

Jay

Admin
Currently waiting on a set of TRD bushes but I'm pretty sure (knowing my luck) they will be stock bar sized. Might inestigate the whiteline approach though - cheers for the suggestion.

Aga

Member +
i dont think TRD makes TRD-bar sized (LOL)

all i ve ever seen on catalogues is the stock bar size.

besides, if you have a TRD bar, its got TRD bushes already on...doesnt it? :D

sx_turbo

Lifer
i dont think TRD makes TRD-bar sized (LOL)

all i ve ever seen on catalogues is the stock bar size.

besides, if you have a TRD bar, its got TRD bushes already on...doesnt it? :D

yes but if you lose one how do you get another one lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
Currently waiting on a set of TRD bushes but I'm pretty sure (knowing my luck) they will be stock bar sized. Might inestigate the whiteline approach though - cheers for the suggestion.

they will be stock sized ones jay i reckon.

dac69er

Super Moderator
speak to a company like powerflex that do poly bushes. im sure there will be a type that will be the same outer but larger inner bore to accommodate your larger girth.

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Not with the rudimentary toolkit I have at the minute (3 screwdrivers, half a socket set and an off hammer) but I've been tempted to bodge something to suit.

Don't you just love the parts supply on this type of thing eh? Always amuses me!