Apexi PFC users: What MAP Sensor are you using?

Fro

Member +
As above, curious to see what others are using. Been told I can "use any map sensor as long as its wired correctly"
Though from what ive read on here im unsure how true that is.

Ideally I would be able to get an apexi 3 bar sensor but the chances are looking slimmer by the day!

So as above please, what you using and have you had any problems with it?

whiteglanzav

Member +
i am using the mapsensor that came with the kit which has its own plug into the ecu as far as i can remember but i may be wrong and it just plugs onto the standard loom either way if you were going to use a different sensor it would have to have either a plug to the standard loom or a plug into the ecu

Rory

Lifer
Not so much the wiring Fro, more the Scalar and offset needs adjusting to suit.

Stop being as tight as a ducks arse and get the proper one bought! :haha:

weeJohn

Lifer
If the scaling is compatable then you can use most sensors. On the software there is the preset options for an Apexi 3 bar or an MR2 sensor, but I cant remember what boost the MR2 sensors are good for.

Fro

Member +
Pmsl@ Rory, away and shite! I'd easy buy one if I could get one before I left the country but there seems to be a massive wait for them!?

If you look here http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm at point 50 about a larger map sensor it gives the impression you can use almost any if you have the scale and offset whatever the fuck that is!?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if it is off a rev 3 then it is a 3 bar sensor. if not then i think it is a 2 bar like the stock starlet one.

Fro

Member +
i have an mr2 turbo sensor if anyone can shine light on wat they are rated to ?

You fancy digging it out and seeing if there is a part number or that one it?

@ dac69er Would we be able to find out if its a rev 3 or not from a part number?

Rory

Lifer
When i ordered mine it was with me in under 2 weeks, that was just after Christmas time mind you?

Where are you off to like?

Fro

Member +
When i ordered mine it was with me in under 2 weeks, that was just after Christmas time mind you?

Where are you off to like?

I've been in touch with a few places and none have them in stock and can't tell me when they will have any!

Wallace performance said they could get me one for £200 but I ended up coming off the phone more confused than when I started :homer: haha. They said they usually use the aem 3.5bar with the pfc which is what they ran a mates evo on.

Heading to new Zealand in June for a year and wanted the car running well before I left!!