Are you interested in a heated front screen?

Starlet Nath

Member +
Hello Peeps,

I've been emailing a company about manufacturing some heated front screens for EP82 and EP91.

As I'm sure you're all aware a heated front screen has tiny elements within the laminate which can hardly be seen when driving. The elements are split into 2 circuits, one is the drivers side elements and the other is the passenger side elements.

Having a heated front screen means you can clear your misted screen within seconds. It also means you can ditch your heater system and reduce you kerb weight by another 6KGs (for those who seriously want to lose more weight but stay safe!!)

To make this group buy viable it needs minimum of 10 people per screen type, the cost will be somewhere in the region of £200+vat possibly cheaper if more people buy.

Below is the choice of colours

"You can have what ever you want clear or tinted as long as all 10 are the same

Available colours are

Green

Green/ green top

Green/ blue top

Clear"

Nath

59bhp

Member +
hmm this sounds like a rather marvelous idea, when are you thinking of getting these ordered?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
im sure this will get locked as it sounds like a trading approach....

may not, but good luck. Sounds like a good idea.

Harvey

Member +
So how did they get around making these? As i thought Ford patented this hence why other manufactures couldnt get on the band wagon!!

Jay

Admin
I'm going to let this run to give you an idea of interest but please bear in mind that group buys will need the backing of a registered trader before we can allow them to be advertised properly.

Past experience has taught us to be careful so I hope you can appreciate our rules mate.

Cheers,

Jay

Starlet Nath

Member +
I'm going to let this run to give you an idea of interest but please bear in mind that group buys will need the backing of a registered trader before we can allow them to be advertised properly.

Past experience has taught us to be careful so I hope you can appreciate our rules mate.

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks Jay,

As I don't use TTGT that much I didn't realise about the rules. But this currently as you say is to gauge interest. It needs 10 definites of each screen (ie EP91 or EP92) for the company to go ahead and make them.
Would you be interested in backing my group buy Jay?

It is not fords design, it is there own but it is within the laminate like ford do.

Also can you all help decide what colour screens? Then people only have to consider whether they want to or not.

Please do not PM me about this, any questions please fire them towards this post

Cheers Nath :ep91: