Bloody 'ell its been a while.

x-MissEp82-x

Member +
Well hello fellow starlet fam! Special mention...Hi Duncan......yes...its me!
Its been what? 8/9 years since I last logged in. I still have my 1992 ep82 that I purchased back in 2012 and very appreciatively met Duncan and he helped me so much on the car. I truly will never forget. NOW SHES OUT OF MY MATES GARAGE!!! After 3 long years of sitting in a garage somewhere in Stow...My girl is out and down the road at my local garage awaiting the direction of what to do. I'm super happy that this forum is still about as I think ima have a little search around for some help and ideas that Id like to get done on the old girl. Currently she is stock CT9 with a few mods.... Personal Plate. Bailey dump valve that I fucking hate and want to get another Blitz back. Japspeed FMI to be done (in possession of it) also the "short stack" intake pipe to make it a little easier on the lads at the garage. Cusco pillar bars. NRG Neo Chrome deep dish steering wheel. Magnecor HT leads. Greddy front strut. New Rad. Few more small bits I cant even remember what I did now back then before she was secured up.
I want new springs but need to research around best for normal street driving really. I don't want her to be a beast but I do want a little bit extra ommmffff :)

Good to see you all here and still active. Hopefully I will share some progress and pics when I get my list to the garage!
*Note - These pics were immediately after she was pulled from my mates garage for 3 years (don't judge the state please :D)
ep82 2.jpg

Kady x

Attachments

• ep82.jpg
    ep82.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210529_100141.jpg
    IMG_20210529_100141.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210529_095921.jpg
    IMG_20210529_095921.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210529_095914.jpg
    IMG_20210529_095914.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210529_095901.jpg
    IMG_20210529_095901.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 14

Jay

Admin
Hello Missy, great to see the machine lives on!

Loving the sidebars against the leopard print but I know what you mean about the Baileys - sounds like a bus door :D

Springs-wise I've had good experience with Tein and RSR, there's also more budget options too if you ask at local motorfactors (I used ROC springs before and they did the job rightly). Pretty sure Duncan will keep you right if he's using the same roads.

Last edited:

x-MissEp82-x

Member +
Hi, dunno if you guys are still active, but it seems I wrote this and then just did not come back. Now 3 years later, nothing has been done...
Sad I know but wondering what the market is for sale of these now. I think my investment may just have to be someone else's this year.
Are people still looking for these? I'm in such 2 minds as to sell or not.

TRD05E

Member +
Hi, dunno if you guys are still active, but it seems I wrote this and then just did not come back. Now 3 years later, nothing has been done...
Sad I know but wondering what the market is for sale of these now. I think my investment may just have to be someone else's this year.
Are people still looking for these? I'm in such 2 minds as to sell or not.
So many posts I've seen of people wanting an ep82 after they've sold it, wishing they'd hadn't.
What is your reasoning for wanting to potentially sell?

x-MissEp82-x

Member +
Basically my problem is, every time I Go to make a video (content creator) the lighting in my room is horrendous, its freezing, my shih tzu dog snores so loud the mic pics him up so well. Cannot put him into another room as I live in a 1 bed house and he pretty much loves the sofa and will not be happy in my room.

I really want a summer house/shed in my garden that's fully done out with electric and insulation etc. that would be a place that I could go to comfortably and make videos, while my dog is still warm and cosy in living room.

Every time I go to make a video, I get incredibly upset with how it looks because of the lighting etc, and so I'm seriously thinking should I sell my starlet and invest the money into something or build what I want in my garden (for my career hopefully)

I also do not wanna regret it, but do I keep it in the *hopes* financially I will be able to do it up and have her back on the road?

MEH tough decision.

TRD05E

Member +
Ahhh, I see your dilemma.

I think you should see what Starlets go for in your area, that way you can see if you were to sell it, would you be able to afford one later on if you ever wanted to buy one again. They are always going to be highly wanted vehicles though. I get asked all the time if I want to sell mine, so they're very popular naturally.

Honestly, it sounds like you're leaning more towards selling and investing in your career, as that would make you happier.

So yeah I think just see what you can get for it, if its not enough, don't even bother selling it, although if it's a decent amount of money that's going to be useful, maybe consider it!

Jay

Admin
Did wonder when the thread went quiet :D

Can see the predicament, known quite a few owners to regret it selling up but if it means that you can get something you will enjoy more it makes good sense. Especially if you are investing in yourself.

In the meantime, it might be worth playing about with some cheap lighting equipment to see if you can make the house set up a bit more workable. Can always use it when you get the studio set up in the future.

x-MissEp82-x

Member +
urgh. you are both right. I am leaning more towards selling it, but also will not part with her for anything less than I feel shes worth (which I don't actually know LOL)

Sorry bud but that £500 I could earn in a week selling feet pics so I'm gonna decline that one xD.

And no lol, I was kidding, I do not have the funds from my feet to be able to buy another one later on in life, I doubt so anyway.
Urgh what a headache. Will look about to see what the going rate is for them. Thanks guys!

SKINY

Lifer
Any I've seen lately have been around the 8-10K area, seen a few at 12K too
Speak to djr imports and see what they are actually making £ wise
:)

Djaniero

Member +
Easier said than done, but don't sell if you can help it. As said above so many have done so only to regret it further down the line.
What camera and lighting/ softbox setup are you using at the moment for your videos?
Theres a good few software programmes about these days, that can take unwanted noise/sounds out of your audio also. :cool:

SKINY

Lifer
Lmfao
Havnt broken any toes for a while now lol, state of my index toe lol, 3 on other foot the same. Stopped kicking people hard to the head :)