Boot Lock Barrel Stolen..

Jay

Admin
Found this damage to the daily driver outside work earlier:

partsforsale011nl2.jpg

Happened between 9:30 and 2:30 today just off Boucher Road. Using the site cameras we spotted a burgundy ford fiesta park up behind my car and the guilty party levering it out at 12:17-12:21PM. There was quite a few parts lying in the boot and cabin and nothing has been touched

It's a good possibility that he took the bootlock to get a spare key cut. That way he could come back and claim her at a later stage. First time I've heard of this approach in a while so thought it was worth mentioning to keep everyone alert.

New bootlid and lockset goes in this weekend, heading out to start tonight and empty the car. In the meantime I'll be watching her like a hawk.

Had a bit of a rant earlier to anyone who would listen so I'm at the angry-calm stage now.. Feels like I've been kicked in the stomach FFS. I need to punch something. :flame:

Glanza-V

Banned
It's a good possibility that he took the bootlock to get a spare key cut. That way he could come back and claim her at a later stage. First time I've heard of this approach

doubt tht would b possible or wud it?

also luks like hes damaged the boot abit

Adam_Glanza

Member +
jesus wat is the world coming to aye, wat pricks!

good job you spotted it mate or it could of been big trouble!

maybe you should lay bait to him!!

wait till get trys to nick it then do him round the head with a hammer

Jay

Admin
doubt tht would b possible or wud it?

also luks like hes damaged the boot abit

It's possible. Everyone keep an eye on your barrels just to be safe.

jesus wat is the world coming to aye, wat pricks!

good job you spotted it mate or it could of been big trouble!

maybe you should lay bait to him!!

wait till get trys to nick it then do him round the head with a hammer

Very tempting but that's a foolish path to take with such things and not my style. Karma will sort him out.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you must be a religious man im certainly not :p lol

its probably possible if hes in with a keycutter / has the ability to do it himself, but i dont think you can just walk into a shop anymore and get one cut

Sham

Member +
You can get keys made if ya have the lock, i got 1 made about a month ago by taking my lock out, only cost me £10 aswell...

Aidan-G

Member +
that is a bloody sickner:(

i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if i taught someone had the key or was able to get one for it!

good idea too change the barrells..

liamgtturbo

Member +
bootlid lock

sorry to hear this mate il keep an eye out down my part of the world wat shape was the fiesta i wired a kill switch from the fuel pump to a hidden place that way its a bit harder. I dont no wat id do if my car was nicked. And best bit is theres nothing u can do about locks.

Jay

Admin
Cheers lads,

Car is prepped for work tomorrow. Holding fire on the next round of modifications until I can rest easy again. Might start using the trackstar for that dailydrive. No-one would touch it!

clarkefrazer

Member +
fing scummy bstrds they deserve to be crucified and ill gladly help mate as you pulled me out few times this country is a shambles

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
if they can get a key made up from just the lock that would be realy easy to steal it :| if i were you i would wire up a kill switch.