Brakes needed

baconfrys

Member +
hi all i am needing to uprate my brakes, looking at discs and pads all round new fluid and braided lines, can anyone shed light on what to go for where to get it and the benifits ect thanks

baconfrys

Member +
forgot to mention needing to cope with some track and 1/4 mile as i fried mine on sunday at 1/4 mile major fade and just not stoping quick enough

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Loads of topics on this... but ill just let you know quickly I recently bought some camskill drilled disks, EBC yellowstuff pads, had all the calipers re-greased, fluid changed, hel braided lines and new pads on the rear and shes never been better. Real sharp and some great stopping power. Should be good for what you need :)

AdamB

Member +
Can I ask why your braking so hard on the 1/4 mile? Does your strip not have a large run off area where you can slow down without pounding the brakes?

Texx

Super Moderator
mine on sunday at 1/4 mile major fade and just not stoping quick enough

The brakes aren't going to perform too well when they're cold and your trying to slow the car down from around 100MPH. Try dropping down the gears and use a little engine braking to take some of the load off the front brakes.

Murray

Member +
What pads have you got just now? When was the fluid last changed or bled? There is plenty run off at crail even from 113mph

Arnold

Lifer
Loads of topics on this... but ill just let you know quickly I recently bought some camskill drilled disks, EBC yellowstuff pads, had all the calipers re-greased, fluid changed, hel braided lines and new pads on the rear and shes never been better. Real sharp and some great stopping power. Should be good for what you need :)

I've got all this. Work really well when hot but the yellow pads have destroyed the discs, and after 15 minutes of abuse around Donington, the discs are now warped. I need another set!

baconfrys

Member +
What pads have you got just now? When was the fluid last changed or bled? There is plenty run off at crail even from 113mph
all standard and no history of brake fluid changed, plenty run off with decent brakes maybe but with mine feels like 50 yards lol

Murray

Member +
all standard and no history of brake fluid changed, plenty run off with decent brakes maybe but with mine feels like 50 yards lol

New disks some uprated pads, and change the fluid, also do the rears.
No point making your car fast without looking at how to stop it.......

Arnold

Lifer
so what discs and pads u advise arnold?

Someone recommended Carbotech pads to me, but they cost quite a bit. As for discs, i'm not sure. Someone else told me last night they warp when they get too hot, so might chance another set of these vented/grooved type ones and put some sort of ducting in to the brakes to keep them cool.