Changing front speakers

jones1985

Fresh Recruit
Right music being a big part of my life in my glanza the front speakers dont really match the rest of the car!now i could replace the front standard but they are small!so im wondering if any1 has installed speakers into the door's?via making some alterations to the storage pockets in the doors?

tosa2tosa

Member +
there was 1 member that had sum moldered speaker mounts for the front doors but belive they were pretty pricey
not entirely sure who it was....mite have been henners

Rob_00

Member +
if only we could get a group discount or something :homer:

im sure there would be a few people up for it if it was a decent price

Monty

Member +
I was thinking of making a custom set for my car for a while now, But i'm very good with fabricating stuff and i'm very paicent so if your not then i wouldn't try it,

Have a look here > http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f200/how-to-make-door-pods-111521/

My GT came from the factory with 13cm door speakers (,") i just fitted new pioneer speakers into my doors. Bangin so it is!

Will post up some pics tomorrow if you guys want a look. Let me know.

rb69

Member +
Glanza speaker size

Can anyone tell me what size the speakers are in the Glanza? If anyone knows of any decent replacements that definitely fit and sound good, that would be a great help too.

pete_r86

Member +
10cm speakers i've got some alpine ones sound much better than the standard rubbish and fitted a treat too.

Jay

Admin
All merged into one big thread. Should keep it updated with what components you all decide(d) on installing.

p-nut

Member +
How big of a job is it? Do the little speaker grilles pop off or do ye need to take the dash out?

mike g

Member +
dash out!! very easy!! on drivers side there 4 screws and then it will fall straight off and bingo!! cant remember how many on the passenger side!! probablity four aswell!!

Last edited: