Choosing a Oil Catch Can

yiph

Member +
Hi,

What should I consider when shopping for an oil catch can? There are many variation in shape/sizes and obvious price. Some with breather and some without...

It's just an aluminium can that collects spit out oil from the crank case right? What size and type should be good fit for 4EFTE? Running 1bar CT9.

Thanks!

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
anything like this will be fine...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oil-Catch-Can...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b0686f9d

plumb a pipe from the breather off the rocker cover to one fitting on the catch can... and then i removed the pcv valve completely...welded another little bit of pipe... and then plumbed a pipe from here to the other fitting on the catch can... block the inlet off (where the pcv valve would usually go to) ....also in order to help pull the oil out of the engine i welded another fitting onto the catch can and then plumbed some hosing from this down and to the back of the car...that way when your flying the pressure sucks threw and helps pull the oil out the engine (just what the inlet does)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Cusco is worth the money, comes with all the fittings required and all you need to do is bend the bracket slightly depending on where you mount it. I can get ahold of these at very good prices also as my supplier has loads lying around.

Cusco is worth the money, comes with all the fittings required and all you need to do is bend the bracket slightly depending on where you mount it. I can get ahold of these at very good prices also as my supplier has loads lying around.

x2 we supply loads of them

Iain@CRD

Lifer
all my instructions from cusco are in japanese is there a link for a translation

Instructions? You dont need any instruction its fairly straight forward to fit and mount. Theres plenty of pictures of them mounted in the garage section for members cars.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
There are loads of fake cusco ones about made by autobahn, I'd expect to pay at least 80 quid for a genuine one.

Anyway its down to personal preference really, they will all work the same if they are fitted property and have a decent internal arrangement (pretty much all of them come empty which won't be properly efficient).