clutch to handle

string gt

Member +
200 ponies 200 torques? was either gonna go organic exedy but people i spoke to said stay away. then thought either exedy paddle or 6 puck paddle frm nick at td. anyone else running hybrid at 1.2 on aftermarket clutch? which ones are you using.

cheers craig

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Im using Exedy paddle clutch & im using a hybrid. Only driven 40 miles on it as im running my engine in.

Feels great, not too stiff or anything & is meant to be able to handle a fair amount of power and torque..

Would stay clear of the organic exedy as you said. Heard they last like 5 mins

string gt

Member +
decided on a helix single plate. What is on the cosworth impreza but starlet version. Will leave my views once fitted if people want.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I had a Organic helix pro clutch on mine... lasted a couple of years. Never slipped & held 190bhp for a while. Hope it treats you well mate, they are good quality clutches :)

starletsam

Member +
This is something I will also need at some point as I will be running the old TD04 at 1 bar!was considering the TRD plate Dave B sells which can be used with the OEM clutch cover.anyone have any imput on that clutch disc?

Fizturbo

Member +
I think am still bitin on luck (don't do burn outs) lol
Still runin on standard blue print clutch kit its done roughly 7000+ miles on 1bar,
5000ish on ct9 hybrid 1bar set up and rest on TD04 1bar,don't knw how long it will last then am probably replacin it with the 6 puck paddle clutch,

Previously i had standard LUK clutch which lasted me ovr 3yrs on ct9 hybrid 1bar (40000+) ther was still plenty meat left on it,only replaced at same time as i rebuilt my engine.

DaveEG

Member +
I think am still bitin on luck (don't do burn outs) lol
Still runin on standard blue print clutch kit its done roughly 7000+ miles on 1bar,
5000ish on ct9 hybrid 1bar set up and rest on TD04 1bar,don't knw how long it will last then am probably replacin it with the 6 puck paddle clutch,

Previously i had standard LUK clutch which lasted me ovr 3yrs on ct9 hybrid 1bar (40000+) ther was still plenty meat left on it,only replaced at same time as i rebuilt my engine.

Interesting comment, proves you don't always need to buy expensive parts when OEM is plenty capable

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Stock clutches will eventually wear quicker than what a paddle ever would handling that sort of power and start to slip badly probally when heated up (1/4 mile etc). Also a paddle covers you if you decide to up the boost further or increase the list of modifications.

Last edited: