Discs for Willwood Calipers?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Hey chappies!

Got the old 3sgte starlet started today, quick charge of the battery and she fired right up! Good old reliable toyota. Been sitting for 10 months and everything still fine :cool:

God the power is IMMENSE! Its been a while lol

Its not going to be long before i start buying parts now and getting prepped for the Gt30 500BHP build :drive: Going to be done properly.

Anyway, Driving round the area for a bit and pop, the wheel falls off while going 5MPH out of a junction, thankfully only 5MPH! scuffed my poor Willwood Disc :(

Im going to oviously look at replacing them both now but keeping the calipers.

What discs will go straight on to these calipers? I got the whole kit from MC CHU back in the day, not sure if hes still about. Just want to now whats available for the calipers?

Are dave Burwash discs compatable with the MC CHU willwood calipers.

If someone could give us some info that would be great.

Thanks

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
LOL, forgetting to tighten the wheel nuts is always a good laugh:p

good to see it running again, and cant wait for the new engine etc

go straight to 3G, i think abbott said there like 300 quid tho as he is after a set too, maybe get abit of a group buy

Dan3SGTE

Member +
tell me about it.

Not only that, just as i pulled out the junction and the wheel rolled off, there was a nice sand patch to pull over on LOL.

The disc isnt actually that bad, but it is scuffed and want/need replacing.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lol, yeah., because it was off road for so long i didnt think of wheel nuts.

I havent actually checked underneath but drove again straight after that and was fine. Not oil leaks etc.....

£300! What just for the discs yeah? And you know they definietly fit? Not sure if my calipers and the 3G ones are any different? I wouldnt imgine so?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Not yet chrisy boy not yet :D

I just needed to get it started and feel that massive torque again, after all i drive a VTEC LOL!

The car is fucking mental. Feels like you reach peak power at 3000RPM lol. I was actually scared of it! throwing me all over the road.

Nah, gona be off road a long time while i gather up the parts for the build. Roll cage/big arches, big off set/ large tires/ completely stripped out, fully forged engine and a GT3076 turbo :D

Its gona take me a while though, like over a year. After driving it, brough back all the memories, felt such a buzz. I miss it!!

KrissyB

Member +

I just needed to get it started and feel that massive torque again, after all i drive a VTEC LOL!

The car is fucking mental. Feels like you reach peak power at 3000RPM lol. I was actually scared of it! throwing me all over the road.

Nah, gona be off road a long time while i gather up the parts for the build. Roll cage/big arches, big off set/ large tires/ completely stripped out, fully forged engine and a GT3076 turbo :D

Its gona take me a while though, like over a year. After driving it, brough back all the memories, felt such a buzz. I miss it!!

yay cant wait matey gotta have a blast in that and ill take you out in good old 5e haha

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yay cant wait matey gotta have a blast in that and ill take you out in good old 5e haha

LOL, definitely mate! Got me proper itching to bring it back now. Can't wait!

Oh regarding the discs, saw a recent thread saying how the 3g discs were no good for duration? Does anyone know what discs can fit the Mc Chus willwood calipers?

weakboy2

Member +
are your discs one piece? if so they are not compatible with the 3g two piece discs which are superior not worse, as the alloy doesnt disperse the heat into the wheel bearings as much.

I expect yours discs, if one piece, are off of a particular car, just findout out what, maybe worth pm'ing mc_chu to find out.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
haha, i need to bolt that in soon. Looks great buy the way, tidy it up nicely :)

yep, wheel fell off! lol.... Should have really checked the wheel nuts :haha:

ChrisGT

Member +

Bloody torque-less VTECs! :p :haha:

Mate, those plans sound absolutely savage! Will be a proper beast when its all done, be sick! :D

Dan3SGTE

Member +
haha, your not wrong mate.

Seriously, cant stop thinking about it now, my break is up, need it back now. Felt so cool driving it again. Im gona start paying some proper attention to it and re-do a build up thread on here again and update as i buy parts which im gona start buying from next month :D

Ive PM's MC CHU about the brakes now just waiting on an answer.

Mean time im guessing no-one has any experience in this subject?? Or no-one wants to help, one of the two lol :)