**DIY CNC and rocker cover art!!"" Video insde!

350ep70gr

Member +
We had some free time at work and we put together a diy small cnc ;)from available parts from old machines and we use an ancient computer to control everything:p.. Basicly a mate of mine do the most of the work..I just help him to finish it and offer him a rocker cover for testing proposes..:p
I was quite surpriced by the result and the accurancy of the machine.
The program gives accurancy of 0.0002 mm but our structure limit the accurancy to 0.002mm wich is enough for any diy job i think!

Here a low quality video of the machine working and the finished rocker cover..wich will end to a friend as a gift for his trust to me!
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObi3MsnvtI

Chris

durmz

Member +
Wow thats insane! Haha i love it. Im really impressed with the durability of the dremel as well tbh, i didnt realise they took that much beating, what kind of bit do you have in it? And how do you deal with in accuracy as far as wearing of the bit is concerned?

350ep70gr

Member +
Wow thats insane! Haha i love it. Im really impressed with the durability of the dremel as well tbh, i didnt realise they took that much beating, what kind of bit do you have in it? And how do you deal with in accuracy as far as wearing of the bit is concerned?

Dremmel is modifiyed aswell with double ceramic bearings at both sides of it. The cutters of it are for inox works so very fast cutters to the aluminium.All the accurancy is controled by the program. (same program is used to profesional big cnc machines). The program drives stepper motors and linear bearings and do all the trick.
Video is really very unfair to the actual look of the detail of the writing.

Chris

350ep70gr

Member +
Thanks guys! For a total job of 12 hours yea it was a good result! Most of the time was spend to understand and lern to operate the programm properly...LOL

350ep70gr

Member +
Very nice work Chris :)

Thanks Dave!

If you have a unique product built to your specs i can write on it your logo or any desing or even your face photo for free!

I have a spare rocker cover so i will flat it all and make and explode diagram of the total 4e engine on it...I will post the picture here when ready.The choises are unlimited...

Chris

350ep70gr

Member +
LOL Thanks captain! I made it for Mathew (starletgtturbo1) as a gift..as i am doing his head aswell with daves billet cams , hrf kit,and other hiden secrets :) ! Now i am working on a unique oil cap for this cover...or better.. brether oil cap.. :) to go with the rocker cover..

Chris

Tanz

Lifer
very nice indeed your mate should be well pleased,,,definitely could turn into a wee money earner on the side...

well done...

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Thats really impressive. i would love something like that on my car. keep up the good work!