Does anyone know where to buy a new OEM Idle Air Control Valve?

cneculae

Member +
Hey guys
I live in the States and I was wondering if anyone on this forum knew where to buy a brand new Idle Air Control Valve.
I took mine out and cleaned it but it showed little or no improvement. What I mean is if I unplug the IAC there is no change to how the engine run.
So there for I think its bad.
I have a 1992 4E-FTE (ep-82) motor by the way.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Cristian

cneculae

Member +
high idle
around 1100 rpm. It goes down gradualy but lets say im driving for a while and i come tO A Stop sign then the idle is at 1100. By the time the light turns green it goes a little lower but not much say around 950 or so.

Hope this helps

Cristian

sx_turbo

Lifer
high idle
around 1100 rpm. It goes down gradualy but lets say im driving for a while and i come tO A Stop sign then the idle is at 1100. By the time the light turns green it goes a little lower but not much say around 950 or so.

Hope this helps

Cristian

isnt that normal? i'm sure mine used to do it,

check for vacume leaks

Blak_Mamber

Member +
high idle

Hope this helps

Cristian

This is what mine is like all the time. Mine usually idles around 1,100 and maybe 1,200 tops, then when warmed up, it will drop down to 1,000rpm.

cneculae

Member +
ok but when i unplug the IAC there is no change in the idle. I was under the impressions that if the IAC is unplugged it will idle eratically.
But any how you guys answered my questions thanks for the help.

Cristian

Texx

Super Moderator
If the idle screw in the top of the throttle body isn't adjusted correctly or the inlet manifold has an air leak, disconnecting the IACV may not make any difference to the way the engine idles. With the engine hot, short out terminals Te1 and E1 in the diagnostic port and then adjust the idle screw in the throttle body until the engine idles at around 750rpm. Then remove the short from the diagnostic port and the engine idle speed should increase slightly, if there is no change in the idle speed then the IACV may not be functioning correctly.