Duplicating Posts....

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have noticed this morning the forum seems to be duplicating some of the users posts by 4. We have tested this and it is only with ceratin user accounts and seems to have nothing to do with ISP, Browser etc.
We are currently looking into resolving the issues with the user accounts but as of yet haven't found the problem. Could anyone who is having this problem post in here so we can get a full list of all the User's affected by this.
We hope to get this resolved asap.
Many Thanks
TGTT Staff

To Keep this thread tidy I am going to delete the posts from the users affected or it will end up as 50 pages.lol. I will create a list below so dont be offended if your post is deleted.

The List:

Dub-Se7en
Gee
Sheldon
Franza1
Azerty
GTWayne

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at this old thread below you can see Gee's post duplicating aswell. Seems that its not just new posts from today..

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15286

Just thought I'd mention it incase you didn't already know. :)

Yeah Idress noticed that earlier. Its not just members its affecting its also affecting some of the staff members. It gets quite annoying and makes threads verrrrrrrrrrrry long.haha.:haha:
Hopefully we can get it resolved asap.
Christy

Enzo

Member +
just to report there was an unusual database error this morning, i spotted it at after 6 remedeed by 7ish
should have taken a note of exactly what this said for you guys

just to report there was an unusual database error this morning, i spotted it at after 6 remedeed by 7ish

Thanks for the feedback Enzo, Im sure the server will keep a copy of all errors so I will get Dylan to check when he gets online.
Christy

Dave.

Member +
Yep, you're duplicating posts, I've not posted in days, so here's a test I guess lol

Dave

Last edited:

turbojim

Lifer
haha i was wonderin was readin stuff this mornin and thought dub7 was gone post crazy ha
Good to hear ye are tryin to sort it out

WallaceGlanza

Member +

Yeah I saw that too, it wasn't the normal error when the server overloads.

Its after happening to Azerty here.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36045

All his posts were fine yesterday in that thread and looks like today the forum automatically duplicated them... :confused:

Thanks mate, the list is updated. Yes it seems to be duplicating all the members posts who are affected. It isnt just posts from today its from all their posts its even done it back to October 2007, im hoping when we resolve this it will delete all the duplicate posts for these users. See the thing is it isnt just copy the posts as 4 different posts they are all linked to the original post so if you delete one of the four you delete them all if you get what I mean.
Its extremely wierd.
Christy

gv1.3

Admin
hi lads it appears we had some corruption in the vb software. We have now done a sitewide upgrade to VB 3.8.1 which as far as I can see has sorted the duplication issues. Can you confirm that duplication of posts is not still happening please.

gv1.3

Admin
cheers Craig. Just hope 3.8.1 isnt going to cause us any issues... I really hate dropping upgrades without fully testing them first. Seems to be alright though *fingers crossed*