EMU - Throttle Position Sensor Input - EP82

perreau

Member +
Hi guys.

My EMU is installed and i'm almost there with my launch control setup. However i have this problem.

Whenever i connect the Throttle Position Sensor input cable from EMU pinout 16 to the EP82 wiring pinout 17 PSW (Throttle Position Sensor) on connector 1 (26P), i can get the throttle position reading on my laptop, but the Active L.E.D shows: Flashing Green, When Fouled Plug feature is activated (When engine is started with wide open throttle) and the car won't start.

On the ECU Wire Location Chart T-6 does not show Throttle Signal (Th).

If i bypass this cable, start the car, then plug it while car is started, it works. But if i switch off the car again with the wire connected, i get the same problem while restarting.

can anyone point me in the right direction so that i can sort this out please?

Plus when i am running in other gears after launch, whenever i reach the set RPM for launch control, i feel my car trying to relaunch / choke, is that normal?

Cheers,

Perreau

scot-ish

Member +
its a basic switch, with only open or closed signals, there is not actually a signal declaring the position of the throttle, other than open, or closed. for best results, i believe you need a throttle position sensor from an automatic ep82, this gives a gradual position of the throttle, instead of just the on/off recieved from the manual TPS.

hope this helps

perreau

Member +
Big help mate!

Thanks, now i get it.

Can i buy or make one myself? Or where do i buy one for the auto?

scot-ish

Member +
i'd imagine you could make one with some sort of POT, but you would probably have to calibrate it, and it would be quite a piss around.

i would put up a wanted in the classifieds, maybe see if any of the traders deal with them, or toyota themselves.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
on the emu, the ep82 is best left without a tps, as no matter how hard you try, the emu just wont read the oem signal.

kon

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Are you kidding Kon??

no dave, iv tried every possible pin and configuration of how the ep82 tps can be connected to the emu.. it never .. NEVER bloody works.. so basically iv always left it without.. u dont need the tps for any features, u can create a mock setting which is used for launch control and for increasing the rev limit.

kon

perreau

Member +
To round up what i have been doing to try to rectify this will just let you guys know how my car is setup now.

I have not used an auto TPS, instead i spliced my TPS signal wire to EMU into the Map sensor input signal to EMU from Map sensor.

This was recommended to me by someone who is setup his that way. By the way, there is a switch on the wire going to the TPS signal.

LC is supposed to be activated once the switch is pressed.

I have manually entered my min and max values for voltage.

However, i find that my rpm still cuts even after launch and the switch depressed.

Someone told me that LC should be automatically canceled once i hit 20KPH, but mine seems to keep going.

If i launch and kill the switch after, but shift gears without lifting the acceleration pedal, i see that my LC still works and my boost does not drop, but rather maintains.

Can anyone tell what is right and what is wrong in all this?

hardcoreep

Member +
The MAP sensor is a constant signal. The TPS isn't thats why it would normally cancel when you get off the the throttle. That's not going to happen with a MAP sensor signal. If you watch the voltage its based on airflow into the motor.

Chris@CCM

Member +
u dont need to wire the tps up the the emu at all to get the lc working ive done about 30 like this all work fine