Engine swap

Some of you may remember I had a blue Sera turbo that was written off last november after I was hit by a truck. The car was a cat B, but I fought tooth and nail and managed to get the car back from the insurers. I then stripped it down, removed the engine and surviving performance parts, ordered replacements for the ruined parts, and the other week it was finally time to put it all in my new red Sera.
I planned to do it in two days, in the end it took five. I lost a lot of blood and skin and ached for days after, friggin' nightmare. I don't know how people do it for a living without going mental!
Bloody pleased with the results though!
A few pics:
The 5E FHE shortly before removal:
engineswap1.jpg

The empty bay:
emptyred.jpg

The 5E FTE:
5eturbo.jpg

And ready to fire it up:
done.jpg

It had been sitting, damaged, in the wreck of the old car for eight months, and yet when I turned the key it fired up instantly, briefly stuttering and blowing out a little white smoke but started running nicely after a few seconds. It's now running at 0.7bar, pulling very nicely, as if none of it ever happened...

(oh, and nefore anyone asks, the 5E-FHE is sold)

Boab

Member +
Man, that looks cool! Would be a class wee car to drive everyday, really different to anything you would see everday.

Bob

malcolmgt

Member +
nice car fella and engine.

you know once a car is classed a write off either cat a or b then cannot be put back on the road?

edit: realised it said you got a new red one... i fail lol

Last edited:

faisalgtturbo

Member +
nice car fella and engine.

you know once a car is classed a write off either cat a or b then cannot be put back on the road?

cat b is break only thats why they (insures) probably were being funny
as u need a breakers licence to 'break' cars

good work m8 nice to see the shiny red engine crane being used lol

faisal