ep82 gt automatic service

terroristone

Fresh Recruit
hey guys, just wondering if there are any band adjustment on these autos? if so any idea on what they should be set to?
Regards Andrew

Jay

Admin
Never looked when I was changing my ATF unfortunately. I'll see if I can hunt out a pic with the oil pan off though.

terroristone

Fresh Recruit
like on older automatic transmissions, they have bolts with locking nuts so you can adjust the bands inside the auto, some have them inside you can see them when the pan is off, and some also have one adjustment from outside, oh and what pan gasket should i use, here in OZ i dont think i'll find a listing for a starlet gt, maybe corolla?
Andrew

Jay

Admin
Can't seem to spot it myself, can you see it mate?

autobox028.jpg

terroristone

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the pic mate, seems like there are none, self adjusting, nice, but i will check the outside 2morrow, any idea on filter and gasket?
Regards Andrew

Jay

Admin
Trevor and I just cleaned the filter up and refitted it. Blowdry the filter after washing, cloth can leave fibres that might damage the box internals.

The gasket was fine too. Contamination of the ATF is a big concern as you probably already know so I wouldn't bother using any sealer, just tighten up the bolts and see how it holds. I can't remember the torque for the bolts but if you get a Corolla workshop manual it'll keep you right. :)

terroristone

Fresh Recruit
i did the trans service today, all went well, i re-used the gasket and filter, i didn't find any adjustments at all, so much be self adjusting, thanks for the help guys.
Regards Andrew

terroristone

Fresh Recruit
Nice to see another auto being looked after :)
i try to keep it in good condition, but it is my partners car, and she tends to treat it bad, its hard to get time to give it a going over when she needs the car everyday, so when i get the chance to i change everything, today i did a trans service, sparkplugs, oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, brake pads, cam belt kit including cam, crank and oil pump seals, wheel alignment and balance...:drive:
Andrew

Cool Andrew, cheers for keeping us posted mate. :cool:

Jay

No problems mate, thanks for your help and quick reply's.
Regards Andrew