F**k you Ryanair!!

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
Me and some mates are going to fly from Bristol to Dublin later this month, and despite everyone I know saying that Ryanair were a bunch of wankers that would screw me over on fees and such, I booked with them anyways as they were cheapist (£50 return aint too shabby!), then one of my dosey mates goes and dislocates his shoulder and cant go… So I looked online to find out about getting the name changed over to another one of my mates whos coming instead. Ryanair want £100 just to change a fucking name! It's not even like they have to reprint anything as its all done online. Looked at just booking another flight for £50 instead but the prices have pretty much trippled since I booked a couple months ago :(

They charge luggage fees, admin fees, tax and even an online check in fee. now they want £100 of my hard earned money (well, maybe not hard earned) to change name, defo not flying with those wankers in the future!

Even phoning up to talk to someone about it costs extra cuz its a premium rate number :mad:

Anyone know if theyre even allowed to charge this much? surely thats not a realistic price for the work they need to do, theyre just a bunch of money grabbing bastards

…Rant over :)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
when you fly with budjet air lines this is how they screw you over. id personally rather pay a little bit more too with a better airline. but thats just me. i have flown before with, ryan air, easy jet etc but they are just basic crap. no offence derek, you aint a trolley dolly are ya? lol

Derek

Lifer
when you fly with budjet air lines this is how they screw you over. id personally rather pay a little bit more too with a better airline. but thats just me. i have flown before with, ryan air, easy jet etc but they are just basic crap. no offence derek, you aint a trolley dolly are ya? lol

LOL no im not im a supervisor in dublin no offence taken, i know how they work see it every day but its a job so i grit my teeth and bear it. although they wont be low fares for too much longer.

gv1.3

Admin
All airlines are thieving scumbags. I just booked 6 flights to Amsterdam from Dublin. Aerlingus are advertising 29euro flights etc... 6 flights = 1300 euro
Shower of thieving bastards

As for changing details on flights, they all have processing charges. I change flights all the time. My girlfriend just changed her flight date yesterday and it cost 150 quid. Last time I changed one it cost the same, that was with delta. I missed a flight with jetblue a while ago and to get transfer my flight to the next one it was 300quid.

On principle I will not fly ryanair and have not for 5 years now. Michael O'Leary is an ignorant arsehole and his antics in the media sicken me so I choose not to give my custom to ryanair, although I am sure they dont miss one customer. People should demand to be treated with some respect and not treated like cattle.

You think that is bad?
High-profile radio presenter Neil Prendeville had to much weight on an Aer Lingus flight and proceeded to empty one of his bags on-board:haha:

Derek

Lifer
All airlines are thieving scumbags. I just booked 6 flights to Amsterdam from Dublin. Aerlingus are advertising 29euro flights etc... 6 flights = 1300 euro
Shower of thieving bastards

As for changing details on flights, they all have processing charges. I change flights all the time. My girlfriend just changed her flight date yesterday and it cost 150 quid. Last time I changed one it cost the same, that was with delta. I missed a flight with jetblue a while ago and to get transfer my flight to the next one it was 300quid.

On principle I will not fly ryanair and have not for 5 years now. Michael O'Leary is an ignorant arsehole and his antics in the media sicken me so I choose not to give my custom to ryanair, although I am sure they dont miss one customer. People should demand to be treated with some respect and not treated like cattle.

I asked him could i be his driver and his reaction was no your probs one of those gobsh**es of youtube.lol

gv1.3

Admin
he is a dope.

He blames everyone and anyone for anything negative about ryanair. He blames the government not having facilities built for him giving jobs out outside of Ireland. He is not man enough to say that it is simply because it is cheaper.

When he went on TV and debated with Declan Ganley he was shown up as the fool that he is. And the only reason he was supporting the lisbon treaty was to get the nod from europe for the takeover of aerlingus after they ruled it was anti competition the first time round, same reason he has charle mccreevy on the board of ryanair.

Johnny_B

Member +
When i was a student, i worked in the Eurostar call centre. It's the same there too. Prices are ridiculous if you want a ticket you can change details on.

And they don't (atleast didn't) let you change a name over on a ticket, you flat out have to buy a new one.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
LOL no im not im a supervisor in dublin no offence taken, i know how they work see it every day but its a job so i grit my teeth and bear it. although they wont be low fares for too much longer.

a jobs a job dude, thats all that matters lol. i think they just take the pisss, i flew too turkey an back with thompson, as it was a lst minute thing, an on the return our cases wer like a kilo over the weight limit each, an they wanted nearly £40 i said your havin a laugh i spent all my muney ha, an after 5 of them discusin it they said ok will let you off . weird thing was i didn bring anything back so my case would have been lighter due too not bringin back deodrant, tooth paste etc ha

Arnold

Lifer

Are you able to help a fellow TGTT member get his flight changed on the cheap?

To the thread poster, i'd try finding someone who wants to come with you and get them to pay the admin fee, rather than you losing out yourself

corofin12345

Member +
anyone see rogue traders a few weeks ago??? they sent in people undercover on flights with BMI baby.. long story short.. the hand luggage gauge stands at the check in desks and the hand luggage gauge stands at the gate were a different gauge sizes so people that booked on line were getting screwed and had to pay more at the gate.. and no it wasnt a faulty gauge stand.. rogur traders covered 4 airports,, no that got my blood boiling!!!!!!!!