Failed MOT coz my CO is too low!!!!!!!!!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Co - Limit 3.50% Reading 0.47% - FAIL
HC - Max 1200 ppm Reading 45 ppm - Pass

WHY???????

And how is that possible to fail if the level is lower than it should be - I would've thought the lower the better!!!

My mechanic changed the manifold on Saturday! May be it's got something to do with the mani???

What the CO should be on the Glanza V with a standard cat????

Thx.

Co - Limit 3.50% Reading 0.47% - FAIL
HC - Max 1200 ppm Reading 45 ppm - Pass

WHY???????

And how is that possible to fail if the level is lower than it should be - I would've thought the lower the better!!!

My mechanic changed the manifold on Saturday! May be it's got something to do with the mani???

What the CO should be on the Glanza V with a standard cat????

Thx.

Who tested it? What do they compare it with? I though MOT centres cannot compare Jap import emissions with anything because they don't have the data.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Bloody Mr.Clutch!!! I said what the heck, it's lower than the MAX level, he said it's too low - apart from that the car passed everything!!! I'm totally pissed off!!!!!!!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Also advisory on parking brake - but it works like a dream on 3 clicks and rock solid...... I don't even use it, I put the car in P as it's an auto, I don't need the handbrake for parking!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Any MOT testers around here or do you know an MOT tester, please ask what should that be and if it's a fail or not or what should I do????????

Thanks in advance!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
What about all the newer vehicles with 0% emissions? Is he going to fail all of them? Doubt it.

Hes at it big time.

Starlets must still comply with basic MOT emissions when testing and as far as i can see, yours is a pass.

Paul_JJ

Member +
What about all the newer vehicles with 0% emissions? Is he going to fail all of them? Doubt it.

Hes at it big time.

Starlets must still comply with basic MOT emissions when testing and as far as i can see, yours is a pass.

I think he's blind or something or wants to get an extra cash from me!!!!

OK, it says the emissions too low on the emissions page

But on the VT30 Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate says:

001 Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive [7.3.D.2b]

And he told me that I have to replace my cat!!!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I think he's blind or something or wants to get an extra cash from me!!!!

OK, it says the emissions too low on the emissions page

But on the VT30 Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate says:

001 Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive [7.3.D.2b]

And he told me that I have to replace my cat!!!!

But your CAT failing would give higher emissions not lower?

Texx

Super Moderator
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

7.3 Exhaust Emissions - Spark Ignition – non CAT Test

Reason for Rejection

B. Vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1975

2 The exhaust gas contains:

a. a carbon monoxide content exceeding the limit for a continuous period of 5 seconds

b. a hydrocarbon content exceeding the limit for a continuous period of 5 seconds.

Your car didn't exceed the CO limit therefore it should not be failed for that reason.

Paul_JJ

Member +
EP91 - 1998! I wrote a massive complaint letter to Mr.Clutch!!! Also booked on another test at another garage! May be I need some petrol additives to pass the test???? to increase the CO........... LOL

Jay

Admin
Smells like bullshit to me Paul, here's the first emissions test I found in my history folder:

rx8013.jpg

.24% vol on an EP82 (running a hybrid turbo, full turboback WEPR system with no cat and stock management)

I fear they may be taking the piss mate - You're being failed for being too enviromentally friendly!

Jay