From your experience what Plug and play ECU gives the best end results?

SooperD

Member +
I know they are mostly mapped to a specific setup in Japan and that no 2 ECU's will be identical but i would just like some opinions of people who have run more than 1 brand of plug n play ECU such as the Blitz/JAM/SARD/MINES etc.

Ive run both Blitz and JAM on my car and for me at least i found the blitz to be a little better and give a better top end.

Reason i ask is im currently using a JAM and have the option of getting a Blitz if i choose..

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any pro's or con's to any of the plug n play ecu brands?

Cheers.

SooperD

Member +
I agree with you all that if you have the money and want to get some serious power (200bhp+) then the emanage and standalones are the way to go.. But for minor mods and a low budget these are worth having surely ?

What im after are some opinions of people who have used more than one brand of these ECU's to see if there are any major differences between them.

Personally, the Plug n play ECU's are great for those of us who have a low budget and minor mods to see drastic increases in performance over the stock ECU.

Rory

Lifer
When i run a Mine's ECU on my TD04@1.1 bar, it went like a train. Never used a Jam or Blitz unit but usually the Mines are a good bit more aggresive over all.
Did in the end run a PFC as i had control then.

turboloon

Member +
the price you pay for those type of ecu's you could buy a emu with the field harness,and pay like 180 quid to get it mapped,keep yer eyes peeled they often come up and there are some bargains out there to:)

GT_Irl

Member +
When i run a Mine's ECU on my TD04@1.1 bar, it went like a train. Never used a Jam or Blitz unit but usually the Mines are a good bit more aggresive over all.
Did in the end run a PFC as i had control then.

Ditto this. Ran a mines ECU with hybrid CT9, was a hyper aggresive map which eventually killed my engine but my god was that thing a rocketship. I have run EMU on all my setup's since, definitly did not have the same aggresion when it came to mapping but piece of mind for the car's long term health with a proper map is priceless IMHO

ramses974

Member +
I know they are mostly mapped to a specific setup in Japan and that no 2 ECU's will be identical but i would just like some opinions of people who have run more than 1 brand of plug n play ECU such as the Blitz/JAM/SARD/MINES etc.

Ive run both Blitz and JAM on my car and for me at least i found the blitz to be a little better and give a better top end.

Reason i ask is im currently using a JAM and have the option of getting a Blitz if i choose..

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any pro's or con's to any of the plug n play ecu brands?

Cheers.

In my opinion and test , the Blitz . I have mixed the blitz with the EMU and i have good results with this combination

SooperD

Member +
Cheers for all the input guys.. Those Mine's ECU's are rare for the EP91 tho :(

Will keep my eyes peeled for An EMB with harness. Im happy with the JAM but do want to get a blitz to compare again. Roll on payday :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
i run a power fc on my hybrid ep82 and td04 ep85, but i still love my jam ecu i have on my runabout GT.

mapping is too expensive. you get raped where i live. £400+ for a remap. i map my own cars. im by no means an engine tuner, but they havnt died on me yet ;)

GI BOY

Member +
mapping is too expensive. you get raped where i live. £400+ for a remap. i map my own cars. im by no means an engine tuner, but they havnt died on me yet ;)

Same hear were i live..
What boost you running? And ever have it on the dyno?
Would love to be able to map my pfc as the tuners hear are not the best and cost a bomb

dac69er

Super Moderator
Same hear were i live..
What boost you running? And ever have it on the dyno?
Would love to be able to map my pfc as the tuners hear are not the best and cost a bomb

i took one of my cars to a tuner to get mapped. hey got decent results, but the boost control was set up awfully and when i fitted my wideband a week later noticed the afr's werent great. looking at the map its was ok at best. havnt been on a dyno since as there arent any near me. all i know is it goes well, afr's are good and i dont get any knock :) i run 1 bar on my hybrid GT and 1.1 bar on my td04 ep85

H_D

Member +
I have used a zep and sard ECU - zep was way better on top end and the kick it gave at 5000rpm was crazy compared to the sard.

ramses974

Member +
i run a power fc on my hybrid ep82 and td04 ep85, but i still love my jam ecu i have on my runabout GT.

Sorry but the real rappers are in my island :
-1500e to map a car (and it is badly done due to te fact that they download the map without counting the octane)
-1200e to fit a motec !!!!!!!!!!

To complete, i run my 5e VF35 with 1.6bar of boost with the Blitz/*EMU. The EMU is just for changing the injectors and retard the timing at 1.4b...

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
used a blitz, sard and jam p&p and found the blitz access the better all rounder... hard to explain but they were all different to each other and the access defo had better top end