fucked my car today.....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
as title says i went over a bump in a car park today and as i came down i bottomed out extremly hard.... pushed my exhaust up and cracked my sump. thats problem can be rectified, fair enough BUT also it fucked my steering??

Basically it has gone extremly stiff like a tank or something? what the hell could this be? suspension, steering colom, powersteering?

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be before i jack it up and check? might have to take it to my local mechanic if i cant find it..........

Just as im trying to save a little bit of money....

And for the reference i wanst going fast at all, like 4MPH.. obviously too quick for my car as i normally stop over bumps.... my fort, just takes that one time.....

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Grrrrrrr, I fucking hate speed humps. The wrecked my livesport bumper. Sorry to hear about your problems dude, I creep over speed humps at a snails pace too, doesn't stop me scraping my bumper everytime though. Hope its nothing too serious.

C

CaL

fuck dan....never always have good days ay?thats a right bummer....so how did the sump crack?the exhaust hit it?must have been hard........do you need new exhaust and sump??....was oil pissing out of the sump or is it a hairline crack?either way its bad i know.....for the steering.....you could have popped a hose??or blew the pump??rare chance to happen all at once though.....sorry to hear about it mate p.s you should have made a sump guard lol

PelvisGt

Member +
ahh it sucks so much, my exhaust needs replacing as its cracked and knocking and ill have to get a new one and today i had to take the bumps so slow to college a 106 zest over took me lol

Rory

Lifer
Sounds like a pipe could be crushed for the power steering, or mabey a vacum has popped off.
Hard to give a descent answer, without seeing it.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
fuck dan....never always have good days ay?thats a right bummer....so how did the sump crack?the exhaust hit it?must have been hard........do you need new exhaust and sump??....was oil pissing out of the sump or is it a hairline crack?either way its bad i know.....for the steering.....you could have popped a hose??or blew the pump??rare chance to happen all at once though.....sorry to hear about it mate p.s you should have made a sump guard lol

yeah not always.......

the exhaust pushed back up into it, its very close anyway, not much play... quite a small crack, its visable and no my exhaust is still ok.....

The oil isnt pissing out when the cars off but when you start the car and warmed up starts leaking out quite fast........

a sump gausrd wont fit mate, there is no clearance at all really..... stupid car.....

C

CaL

man dont say that....you love it....the sound....the smell(does it smell?mine does)the fact you can nail most things easily.....its just not been the best car ever so far.... happens to all(like me putting diesel in gt FTW yo!)just have a look at getting it fixed mate....hope it doesnt become too hard a task and is all done soon....

59bhp

Member +
ah shit man not good

as for the steering just do some basic checks like power steering fluid level. That way you know if its an external leak. Give your steering rack gaitors a quick squeeze (you know the bits of rubber on the end) if you can feel fluid in them its probably gonna mean a new steering rack. Just jack it up and give the steering system (rack, gaitors, lines etc) a once over. Other than that i cant really think of anything that would make it really heavy, however i am quite drunk as i wright this but if anything else springs to mind ill post it up.

Oh yeah and also check your power steering pump but its quite high up of the floor so not sure how you could of done damage by gong over a speed bump.

mike

jimmer

Member +
nightmare man! also i am kinda drunk as i write this, so no advice worth giving right now lol. But that is the problem with unique cars, all good on the strip an when going well, but there is always teething problems, part an parcel with a one off car. Hope all doesn't cost much, keep us posted!

gayan_GT

Lifer
once i went over a bumo and the same thing happened to me... but later on i found out is was a PS pipe that had split... dont worry mate you should be ok

sgtturbo

Member +
Sorry to read all that mate does this mean you wont be coming to santa pod for tgtt. Thats gonna suck man. Really wanted to see your motor.
Let us no
Good luck m8

Dave.

Member +
Alright mate, thats horrible to hear! :(

Any further progress with it? There are always teething problems with projects like this, stick with it and it'll be good as new in no time :D

Dave

Johnny_C

Lifer
what a completely dumbass post.