Fuel Problem...?

EP91_Girl

Member +
Hay guys, yet another question i have for you all.

ok now my glanza is back on the road i have noticed that she is munching through fuel like no tomorrow.
typical situation:
fill up tank drive on low boost at only 7psi to work and back (get stuck in traffic) may be come onto boost once or twice if that.
3 days all the fuel is gone!!!

i would understand if i were booting it about on full boost but i dont, i just cant get my head around why it's going through the fuel so quick?

do any of you have an idea why this is happerning?
1.3Turbo has a fuel addiction like a 3Ltr monster :(

Thanks guys

xx

GTWorld

Member +
Get your Fuel and air ratio setup propley im in the same boat mine running rich aint good but im waiting for a part so i can sort it out lol

GTdan

In The Closet
lol numpty - how many miles do you do in 3 days??

could possibly be ya lamba sensor sensor is faulty and causing to run rich

madman

Member +
if the car is in need of a service it will cause her to eat fuel no matter what way you drive her.. and change fuel filter aswell
or an injector could be leaking or damaged

Julian-ep91

Member +
it would really help if we knew how many miles it is to work and back AND how long you spend in the car per day

EP91_Girl

Member +
work is 24 mile round trip on the A13 pretty much steady speed
she has just had a service though the fuel filter has not been changed...

where is the lamba sensor..?
i have a air to fuel guage but not had time to fit it propperly...

i woudl not mind but its costing me a fortune to get to work almost as much as getting the train and a bus :(

x

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
The lamba sensor is on the decat in the picture where the hole is just screws on Its best if you do a diagnostic test to see whats codes comes up first then go from there worth a try ,
S8001397.jpg

EP91_Girl

Member +
oh okies :)
well i will see if i can get a dyognostics test done and then check the sensor and also try and get a new fuel filter to... and set up the air to fuel rashieo guage up and running propperly to

i just hope it get's better bloody thing :(
1 prob after another :(

x

EP91_Girl

Member +
ive been to a&e aswell!! still got another ped though and saving loooooooaaaaaaaads on fuel to work :)

tbh darling, my mum wont let me get another ped because how many accidents i had.. she used to get well upset when the hospital called the house to say i had been in a accidont :(

i would love to get one though just a little 125cc pull and go or some thing..
will see if i can convince her :)

x

rb69

Member +
Don't drive it on low boost. This might sound stupid, but apparently it will use more petrol on Low boost than it does on high! The engine has to work harder apparently so it sips more juice. I'm sure thats not just the problem but it may help a little. :)

EP91_Girl

Member +
Don't drive it on low boost. This might sound stupid, but apparently it will use more petrol on Low boost than it does on high! The engine has to work harder apparently so it sips more juice. I'm sure thats not just the problem but it may help a little. :)

OH *shocked face* thats pony and i though i was saviong fule by keeping her on low boost crap! okies well noted and will drive her on high from now on see if makes any differance...
thanks
x

rb69

Member +
No worries! I used to do the same when I first got my Glanza because I thought it would save petrol, then a few people on here said its worse on fuel so kept it on high boost all the time.

EP91_Girl

Member +
when did it get the plugs changed? leads? good service wouldnt go a miss

Last weekend she had:
full oil change inc new oil filter
new plugs x 4
and new cambelt kit thing :)
got a few more bit's to do just gotta have a talk with my mechanic :) to discuss what is most important...
she is alot better to drive but dont explain why she is munching through so much fuel

ALSO 10 Ltr's takes her almost 1/2 tank that cant be rite can it???

xx

gglavin

Member +
Last weekend she had:
full oil change inc new oil filter
new plugs x 4
and new cambelt kit thing :)
got a few more bit's to do just gotta have a talk with my mechanic :) to discuss what is most important...
she is alot better to drive but dont explain why she is munching through so much fuel

ALSO 10 Ltr's takes her almost 1/2 tank that cant be rite can it???

xx

would be close to half tank anyway, could be hole in fuel line or tank. do you get any smell of petrol at all around the car?