fully standalone ecu ? what options do i have ?

cole

Member +
as the title im after a full standalone ecu for the glanza

what options do i have and what prices are they

i want somthing better than a power fc but may take them into considderation

what features do the really good ones have
and what do you recomend

sx_turbo

Lifer
fcon v pro - but you need to find an automatic throttle bodie from a glanza or gt turbo and the tps sensor. the standard manual tb and tps is no good. it's also bloody expensive, and very few people tune it.

OMEX - is worth a look at, is relatively cheap, but you will need to run a resistor pack on the injectors to make them low impedence instead of high impedence (might be other way round cant 100% remember)

emerald ecu i have heard is good,

DTA,

theres another on i cant remember.

but most of these standalones require you to make a custom loom, and you will need a gt wiring diagram.

but by fa the easiest standalone ecu to plug straight on is the apexi power fc.

Phil

Super Moderator
guy is NZ is currently getting a Link g3(i think) sorted on to his, takes care of cryo 02 sprayers and boost control(taken from a tps reading etc)

should be good!!

Phil

Johnny_C

Lifer
guy is NZ is currently getting a Link g3(i think) sorted on to his, takes care of cryo 02 sprayers and boost control(taken from a tps reading etc)

should be good!!

Phil

Link are very populer over there,not sure who does them in the UK though.

munday

Member +
Motec is the best IMO but as abbot pointed out its big £

Emerald and link are also very good, as well as DTA

Chris@CCM

Member +
motec is way over priced . link, dta, emerald, omex, Vi-Pec, haltech, wolf, hydra nemesis just google them theres so manny now days ur best using one ur tuner is used too

cole

Member +
are there any that are plug and play such as the fcon with the cruise loom

how much are the motecs ? and are they plug and play

Johnny_C

Lifer
are there any that are plug and play such as the fcon with the cruise loom

how much are the motecs ? and are they plug and play
motec range from 800-1400 i think.
whatever tuner sells you the ecu should be able to fit and map it.

350ep70gr

Member +
MEGASQUIRT mate....dont pay crazy money to the brand names just because of the name.
Ask fur member for some feedback on this. And also take him 10 minutes to connect to the loom and he use all the stock sensors. Give him a pm. Very good and helpfull guy.

cole

Member +
MEGASQUIRT mate....dont pay crazy money to the brand names just because of the name.
Ask fur member for some feedback on this. And also take him 10 minutes to connect to the loom and he use all the stock sensors. Give him a pm. Very good and helpfull guy.

who do i ask ?

is there a member called mega squirt ?

350ep70gr

Member +
Megasquirt is the unit mate and Fur is the name you can use to take some feedback about this unit. Or try google for the megamanual to see the features and the options.
Chris

cole

Member +
what do people recon to the megasquirts ?

ive read a few people saying there shite then others saying there brilliant ?

350ep70gr

Member +
what do people recon to the megasquirts ?

ive read a few people saying there shite then others saying there brilliant ?

Would like to know also but in comparison with the other units. So in simple speaking i would like to know aslo what other brands can do and megasquirt cant or how faster than the ms-II other brands are.