Has anyone heard of SMR engineering??

I have a engine from a ep82 which i bought from my friend and on the side of the engine block it has a sticker with SMR on it. Has anyone heard of them or does anyone know of the engine?? :confused:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ive heard of them before but i cant remember where from. my mate might have bought an engine off them or something.

ryan-11

Member +
Im pretty sure that who toytuning used to build there engines, when i got my engine back from toytuning i got a wee card with a number on it, when u went on there website u put the number in and it told u what had been done to the engine. Pretty sure it was SMR engineering, Ill see if i can find the card.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
If smr did build toy tunings engines I had one of them and it had only done about 8k miles when I got it. I took the rocker cover off and it was obvious that when it was built they hadn't took the time to clean it all inside. I had another unknown engine I bought of eBay and its mint inside compared to that old one.

hubbygt

Member +
When looking for the last gt I had a year ago I had been looking at one with an smr rebuilt engine so done a bit of searching on the net for others experiences with smr. Didn't find a good word to be said about them so left it well alone.

pics of smr sticker

DSC00494.jpgDSC00493.jpg

This is the sticker on the engine. Think i will strip it down and forge it before i put it into my car at a later date! Thanks people for the replys much appreciated :rockon: