head gasket gone on my car

ray0098

Member +
last night my car temp gauge was on red rang aa today and they are saying headgasket was just wondering how much will this cost to get fixed and was wondering i might aswell put new cambelt on aswell

pig666eon

Member +
unlucky mate how did it happen low oil/water?

the price depends on how bad it is you mite have to get the head skimmed if its warped im sure a trader on here will give you a good price to do it

ray0098

Member +
was thinking about trd gasket from tm developments as the car is standered and i wont be taking it over 1 bar anyway in the future

pig666eon

Member +
oem parts will be fine but i would be finding out what caused it as getting a new head gasket put in will not fix the problem and will result in another head gasket going in the future

there is alot of things to check before replacing the head gasket where was the steam coming from?

ray0098

Member +
from the bottle u fill it up in the aa man said it might be low on water and tbh i didnt check the water for a while so it might be my own falt

pig666eon

Member +
could you check the oil for water and the level you will be able to tell from the dipstick

if you cant see from the dipstick as oil and water do not mix if you loosin the sump bolt slowly you will see water come out if there is water in the oil

sorry for all this im just making sure your head gasket is defo gone before you get a price if you know whats gone and whats wrong they cant be charging you for stuff that didnt need to be done

pig666eon

Member +
rite well its confirmed a head gasket needed anyway and a possible head skim

but it must of been a problem somewhere water must have been leaking or even a possible already faulty gasket did you notice anything out of the exhaust lately? when was the last time you put water in it?

whiteglanzav

Member +
rite well its confirmed a head gasket needed anyway and a possible head skim

but it must of been a problem somewhere water must have been leaking or even a possible already faulty gasket did you notice anything out of the exhaust lately? When was the last time you put water in it?

x2

is there a hole in the rad

has your heater matrix got a hole in it ??

did your water temps ever go up ??

pig666eon

Member +
if you go to a garage for a head gasket they will charge you a fortune if you have the money for it go to a good one if you dont have the money there is tutorials on here that will help you if your going to do it yourself it will be alot cheaper instead of paying for a full head gasket job you mite just get away with someone setting the timing if you get it wrong we can go through it on here with you if you get stuck or need info and i can get some links for basic tutorials :)

hate to leave a lad stuck i say your in bits over it:(

whiteglanzav

Member +
if you go to a garage for a head gasket they will charge you a fortune if you have the money for it go to a good one if you dont have the money there is tutorials on here that will help you if your going to do it yourself it will be alot cheaper instead of paying for a full head gasket job you mite just get away with someone setting the timing if you get it wrong we can go through it on here with you if you get stuck or need info and i can get some links for basic tutorials :)

hate to leave a lad stuck i say your in bits over it:(

if you mark up the cams when you take them off - you should have zero problems

ray0098

Member +
its going to cost me £95 for trd head gasket £51 quid for cambelt £30 for head bolts and about £300 for the guy to do it then i have got to do the oil change

whiteglanzav

Member +
when was the timing belt last replaced ?? does it really need it ? - £50

why not use a toyota gasket for £40 - £50

i would get headbolts -

can you not change it yourself ??

just trying to think of ideas to save you some £££

also you might have to have the block and head decked - thats an engine out job

maybe cheaper to get a new engine !!

ray0098

Member +
i drove it yesterday to work and it was fine didnt notice anything but about 2am come out of work and the car was fine but as i was driving it the temp started to go up got it home and a bit of steam was coming from the bonnet so i left it to have a look and called aa this morning and he checked it and told me the head gasket has gone theres not leaks in the pipes or rad everything else is fine just head gasket i think its just had its day so ill get it done trd headgasket new head bolts and cambelt aslo having the head skimmed and pressure tested and then oil change

ray0098

Member +
to be honest its going to cost me around £500 but the engine is a brilliant so ill just get it done now as i know it will last a while before it needs another one