Head Gasket?

stevo82

Member +
Hey, can anyone please tell me if this copper gasket I bought has all the necessary holes. I want to use it on my spare 4e. I have not seen a genuine gasket to compare it with. Ok wait, how do I upload an image from my pc?

sx_turbo

Lifer
you need to get an account with photobucket (it's free) and then upload your pic to there, and then copy the img tag, and post it here :)

stevo82

Member +
Ok so this is what the gasket looks like.
010720091603.jpg

Last edited:

steveep82

Member +
Er, its used? You will have to o-ring the block to use it also. An no it doesnt have all the waterways cut out.

350ep70gr

Member +
Er, its used? You will have to o-ring the block to use it also. An no it doesnt have all the waterways cut out.

It isnt used i think. It has different colors because probably is handmade from a copper foil and has some heat tretment to be suitable for use as a head gasket. Dont need o-rings! (will be better with o-rings tho...)

Chris

stevo82

Member +
Thanx guys, it is new, cut from copper. The thing is, I live in Namibia, its very difficult to get parts here. I overhauled my engine after the head gasket blew, but less than 3000km later it blew again. Now if this gasket does not have all the necessary holes for coolant then the one they put on my overhauled engine didnt either, it was supposted to be oem, ordered it through toyota, but it wasnt a metal one, it was one of those ones that looks like its made from some type of paper with a thin metal plate in the middle. What are the dissadvantages of a copper gasket? I have to put together my spare engine soon coz the one in my car seems to have sump compression, just started leaking at the bottom gasket as well. Still have to figure out how to put the head together and set the timiming. I love this car but I cant keep up with all its kinks!