HELP - inexperienced car enthusiast

pozko

Fresh Recruit
Hi there,

I am new to all of this, and this is my first thread i have ever posted. I have owned a 1992 Toyota GT Starlet (EP82) for 5-6 months and i would like to increase the boost on my stock CT9 turbo, now ive heard they can only run little more than 14psi and anything over that they will conk out on you, so my question is what boost do you recommend i run? what will i need to achieve this. I am buying some aftermarket extractors because my stock manifold is very restrictive (so i hear) and is cracked, other than that what else do i need to upgrade my exhaust? do i need a turbo dump pipe, and what is its function, should i remove the CAT or leave it, if i remove the CAT what will become of my O2 sensor, i have an aftermarket muffler tip but other then that my exhaust is stock, my stock exhaust has kinks in it so if i buy some universal 2.5" exhaust piping can a workshop bend the pipes for me to make it fit? my car has a pretty good history, i am the 3rd owner and both previous owners were middle aged woman who looked after it, my car is one of the most unmolested/cleanest starlets i have ever seen and has been kept stock except the usually pod filter, professionally lowered (although it still sits pretty high) and rims, its only done about 190,000kms and the only negative is it has the classic paint fade on the roof.

weeJohn

Lifer
Try the search function in the technical section, it will provide answers to all your questions and lots of feedback from members over many years.