help me please,engine wont rev....has a video inside.

aaronw

Member +
help me please (one for the experienced among us)

my car had some c**t trieing to break in ,on id guess friday night,the lock is buggered and dented slightly into the door.

now...

my car wont rev above 2k,its like its hitting what i would discribe as a limiter when out of gear ,and fuel cut when im driving along,like its refusing to rev.

ive called various people and a mechanic or two,and a sensor could be the suspect.

what sensor and how can i clean it please?
ive reset the ecu,took out the sensors i could see and blew in them n reconnected them....no difference

rep will be added.

Aaron

Ben89

Lifer
check the map sensor mate, i beleive there should be something like 2volts across at idle but thats off the top of my head.
also check your coil pack they can get water in.

Edit: scratch the two volts thats for checking coolant temp sensor, aslso have you run a diagnistics test that may tell you the prob, if you still have the problem over the weekend i can come up and we can swap bits a round till it works?

Last edited:

aaronw

Member +
cheers bud,i took the dizzy up n cleaned it up and its clean as a wistle now.
ive never heard about this before...so confusing

Ben89

Lifer
if its bang on 2k each time it makes me think something is breaking down within the ignition system somewhere its a hard one really. i'd just run a diagnostics check then go from there.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
really sounds like map sensor troubles to me mate :)

but as suggested above a diagnosis will really show whats wrong :)

kon

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
check the vacum going to the map sensor.. sounds like it could have come loose..

i had the same problem with a white gt is ended up being the ignition amplifier it still sparks but not a high tense spark
the car would start and run but sound like its hitting a limiter at 2000/2500ish and flashed no codes
hope this helps

aaronw

Member +
i had another thread on this but only had 3 people respond..not the tgtt i am used too??

-car wont rev above 2k,its as if its a limiter
-when driving its like its hitting fuel cut

-i havent changed anything prior to this happening
-i hadnt drivin the gt for a few weeks before hand (snow)
-there are a few little cracks in the mani
-fuel filter was changed few months ago (2 max)

- i tried running a diagnistic and all the engine managment light does is flash constantly with no breaks (to represent numbers)

video shows,im sorry for the light,by the time i could get my camers going it was dark

http://s791.photobucket.com/albums/yy197/aaron-whalley/?action=view&current=V290110_1707.flv

i was ment to have the car in the bodyshop yesturday but i cant get it to drive properally.

my and few other people think its an electrical thing,tho nothing shows up on the diagnostic.

many thanks,please help.

Aaron

aaronw

Member +
i put another thread up with a vid.

thanks hybrid and mark,

mark how can i check or change what u said? sounds like the exact same thing

gv1.3

Admin
threads merged. There is no point opening multiple threads dude it will just mean the information is scattered between the two.