hks fcd problem,car wont start,run properly

Mikey4410

Member +
just wired up my hks fcd and the car wont start and if it manages to it mis fires and cuts out etc,then after the fuel pump still keeps running when cars stopped.

put another one in and that didnt work either.

put it back to standard and works fine ?

double checked and triple checked wiring and was right i am sure

please can sumbody advise me ??

would appreciate it !!!

russyb

Member +
seriously if you had two different FCD and they both have the same fault its pretty unlikley to be that,
i would say that wiring needs to be checked again,
use the diagram below but dont use the colours to corespond positions,
use the positions on the diagram count down to the wires on the diagram then count down the wires on the ecu remember the diagram is looking ecu side.
set fcd between number 7 and 9
i had a simular problem installing my HKS FCD as i was using colours not postions on the diagram
hope this helps
fcd.jpg

EP82_FCD_wiring_diagram.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey4410

Member +
gonna attempt it again tonight but i jut dont think it wll work,maywell have to put it all back to standard.......

triple j

Member +
gonna attempt it again tonight but i jut dont think it wll work,maywell have to put it all back to standard.......

it should work man its only 3 wires, and u checked 2 fcd, i would say u had them connected up wrong by the sounds of the fuel pump still running on u.

Mikey4410

Member +
its 4 wires not 3 and i haven got a clue whats going on.i have have an ep82.
dont know what else to do.i havent got any options tbh.

i do really appreciate your inputs by the way guys !!!!!

Last edited:

triple j

Member +
its 4 wires not 3 and i haven got a clue whats going on.i have have an ep82.
dont know what else to do.i havent got any options tbh.

i do really appreciate your inputs by the way guys !!!!!

sorry man 4 wires, relax yourself and have a good look at the bottom diagram above, maybe print it off and bring it out to your car with u, count the ecu pins twice to be sure it the rite ones, cut that pim wire, join the yellow fcd wire to the pim wire (ecu side), then join the white fcd wire to the other end of the pim, then u only have 2 wires left to join in to, fcd black to e2, fcd red to +b.

Mikey4410

Member +
both the fcd are for starlets,but thanks for the info is worth checking (smiley face)

i actually took the netbook outside with the above diagram which is what makes me a bit like what the hells going wrong ??

i would like it if somebody could call me and help maybe or text me please.basildons close to me which is great so gimme a text.07763103562

Mikey4410

Member +
the ecus back to standard still and just checked it at work.just checked the wires i cut into at the ecu and they were spot on.really frustrated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russyb

Member +
i suppose even though its pretty unlikely that both fcd's are faulty an easy way to check would be to use mine but my cars off the road at present until i can get another intercooler pipe,
and no it wouldnt make any difference with it being a 82 advance

Mikey4410

Member +
i have just got home and checked that its wired correct and it is,really cant be bothered with it now.feel like smashing it all up.i mean what the f99k is going on.

Texx

Super Moderator
Does the check engine light come on when you start the engine with the FCD connected up?

Take some photos of your FCD wiring and post them here.

Mikey4410

Member +
and also now i have a wierd miss fire down the bottom of revs between 1 and 2 k.so i put original fuel reg back in and its still doing it ??

the other day i replaced fuel pump so maybe its that ?

i am so close to just selling it now its untrue,only had it 5 mins