K26 Turbo from Porsche??

whatup

Fresh Recruit
Hello TGTT members. Glanza in Japan really needs your help. I currently have a K24 kit and am looking to upgrade. I am looking at the K26, GT2871r, and GT2876r. Correct me if I am wrong, but these are all T25 flanges and should bolt onto the K24 manifold, right? The K26 problem: the only ones that I can find are on ebay and either come off of a Porsche 944 or 911. Are either of these 2 turbos OK to use with the ep91? Next are the GT2871r and GT2876r turbos. These are both T25 flanges and should bolt up to the K24 manifold, right. If they do, would it be a better choice to go with the K26 or one of the GT28s? Please help me. I tried to search this info, but I can't even enter K26 in the search section of these forums because it is only 3 letters long (4 letter minimum). Please, Please help.

starlet666

Member +
mate i run a gt2860rs and that is laggy as hell..... i am looking at a 2871r atm but my car is an all out hp machine in the making... why do u run such a large turbo??? the biggest i would go on a street starry is the 2860 and even that is pushing the limits for streetable..

Dave.

Member +
I'm not the most knowledgeable with regards to turbo's, but welcome to the site. We've quite a few guru's who will help you out I'm sure :) Are you from Japan?

Dave

dan_ep82

Member +
the kkk turbos are not t25 flanges mate, the only choices on turbos you have really if you wanna keep that manifold is k26 from a porche or possibly an audi.

dan

whatup

Fresh Recruit
Did not know that. For some reason, I thought that the Blitz/Sard turbos were T25 flange. I guess you learn something new everyday. Sorrry, to bug everyone, but is there a better Porsche to get the K26 out of (911 or 944)?

the kkk turbos are not t25 flanges mate, the only choices on turbos you have really if you wanna keep that manifold is k26 from a porche or possibly an audi.

dan

whatup

Fresh Recruit

dan

PLEASE!!!! Does anybody know? I am looking at a couple of K26's on EBAY and one is off of a Porsche 911 and the other is off of a 944. Is there any difference in the 2 turbos? Is there only 1 standard size k26, or many variations. If there are more than 1 size K26, if so, which is best for Glanza. If anybody knows, PLEASE, PLEASE, help me out.

FeNder

Member +
the stock 944 Turbo uses a KKK K-26#6 turbocharger for the '86-88 model cars (engine M 44.51) and a K-26#8 turbocharger for the 88½-91 model cars (engine M 44.52). For KKK turbochargers, the size of the compressor housing is designated by the first number (K-26) and the size of the turbine or "hot house" is indicated by the second number (#6 or #8 in this case). As we mentioned before, the larger turbine of the K-26#8 allows it to maintain maximum boost longer than the earlier cars which results in a higher peak torque and horsepower.