manifold help

kirky14

Fresh Recruit
got a new manifold to fit to my ep91 and i need some help as how to fit it. can anyone tell me the best way to fit this and what to look out for?

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
got a new manifold to fit to my ep91 and i need some help as how to fit it. can anyone tell me the best way to fit this and what to look out for?

I found it best to take time, and get as much out of the way as possible :

radiator out
exhaust off turbo
oil feed, oil return and water lines off turbo
turbo off manifold
manifold off head

I found this way will leave you plenty of room to work as it can be a bit of a nightmare to work with the manifold when the turbo is still on it.

When taking the manifold off the head and turbo, watch you dont destroy the gaskets, as they can be used again.

And when fitting the parts do it in the opposite order to above,as getting at the bottom driver side bolt at the manifold > head joint can be a pig if the turbo is on the manifold

so when building up again,

manifold on to the head (alternate sides when tightening as a good seal is required or it will blow out) and dont over tighten either or you will wreck the head.
turbo onto manifold
oil feed, oil return and water lines back onto turbo
exhaust onto turbo
radiator back in

jobs done

make sure all joints are well tightened EVENLY as manifolds are prone to leak at joints if not fitted correctly. It may be require to get new gaskets from the likes of camskill or tm-developments however the current ones can still be used.

corofin12345

Member +
^^good info, repped.. just dont forget to spray loads of wd40 on all nuts around the turbo and let it settle in first.. when settled, spray some more on!

Rev

Member +
And remove Steering pump bracket if using extra long ratchet socket spanner for extra torque , good luck.