max speed

Starbus

Member +
hi guys i was just wondering what is the max speed when ur engine is over 200 hp

Why? Are the people in the petrol station and the kids on the corner bothering you because you don't know "What is does flat out" :p

Not sure to be honest.

My cars 202bhp and it will pull easily off the clock in 4th gear and still pulls pretty well in 5th. I'd guess it'd pull 6-7k top gear whatever that may be. However i think the main thing here is how reliable is your 200bhp engine and setup.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Well on my K24 (190 bhp or 160 atw) i have managed 145 mph on one of the the airstrip speed tests. I had a Sat Nav in my car at the time it showed exactly 145mph.

Greg0r

Member +
random question, if someone is using the corolla G6 6 speed box will the top end increase?????
or is it more of a coasting/eco gear?

Rory

Lifer
Why? Are the people in the petrol station and the kids on the corner bothering you because you don't know "What is does flat out" :p

In that instance, i usually tell them i have no idea on top speed, but it does pull big skids...............:p

Dan3SGTE

Member +
my sat nav reaches 133mph and had a little left.....

except i can reach 130mph from a standing start in about 18 seconds :)

goldenvtr

Member +
i did 0-118 (gps) in around 12 seconds the other day running 1.3bar lol

im guessing whatever the ratios are in the gearbox i can reach near the top end. but why do i need to?

Was on my rich mates airfield

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i did 0-118 (gps) in around 12 seconds the other day running 1.3bar lol

im guessing whatever the ratios are in the gearbox i can reach near the top end. but why do i need to?

Was on my rich mates airfield

are you sure?

12 seconds 118mph? thats stupidly fast!!!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
not sounding like i dont believe you, just saying for the power your car has that sounds too quick........

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i dont need to read his sig as ive personally been at the pod when his car has run ;)

and the mod since then is upping the boost 0.1BAR which is about (15BHP) very rough guess........ to do 5MPH more in 1 second less you need more then that..........

as said not calling him a lier soo dan please dont take it like that... im just saying for around a 250-260BHP starlet 1.3litre that is stupid fast.......

TurboDave

Member +
I have go to agree 12 seconds 0-118 is very fast and an extra 0.1 bar on an already maxed out turbo is going to have little effect.

TurboDave

Member +
I know exactly what turbo he has.

What do they max out at then 1.4?

Going from 1.2 bar to 1.3 bar is going to have little effect and there is no way with that power he could go 0-118mph in 12 seconds. I am not calling him a liar the timing must have been off or someone made a mistake while timing.

Last edited: