MR2 Turbo - Ireland

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

I am considering a turbo MR2 for a change. I will be keeping the Glanza as a project car but fancy having a nice reliable, reasonably fast MR2 to shuttle me around when I am home.

If you come across anyone selling a GOOD example, reasonably standard and not in need of replacing parts to get it through the NCT please let me know.

Check list:
-Standard or very close to standard
-Turbo (no interest in non-turbo)
-Clean, not in need of any repairs or spraying.
-Age not important
-Must be in Ireland on Irish plates (duty paid)
-Any colour except Red (white or black would be nice)
-Reasonably priced... not looking for a car for a grand but not looking to spend 15k either.

If you hear of anything knocking around let me know.

Thanks!

gv1.3

Admin
loving both of those :) thanks lads.

Popsy, is that car in Dublin? If I wanted to get someone to shoot over and take a quick look at it would he have a problem with that? Im not back for 4 weeks so cant go see it myself.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
loving both of those :) thanks lads.

Popsy, is that car in Dublin? If I wanted to get someone to shoot over and take a quick look at it would he have a problem with that? Im not back for 4 weeks so cant go see it myself.

car is in cork sorry ,:(

gv1.3

Admin
If its straight I might still be interested. Id have to go see it in a few weeks time if he still has it.

If you happen to be near it anytime soon could you have a look around it and let me know the good/bad/ugly. Im very interested but would like an honest account of it before driving down to Cork to see it.

Thanks man.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the main thing i dont like about the mr2 is that it handles like crap.. a stock ep has a better chassis/suspension setup (and thats saying something :haha: ).. otherwise its a toyota, ie u CANT go wrong ;)

Kon

gv1.3

Admin
lol @ the bags of cement!

I dunno Kon I have heard people who have owned them say that they are great cars and handle well but you just need to be careful in them as they can be a handful in the wet and are not very forgiving.

I think it might be a nice car for some affordable fun and reliable if I keep it stock.

I was gonna just go ahead and get a supra but I am not in Ireland enough to justify paying the stupid yearly road tax on it.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ill get a look around it this weekend possibly sunday and take it for a good spin and ill take photos , let ya know how it is and ill see what he can do for price etc wil let you know :):)

gv1.3

Admin
that would be great if you could. I am just looking for an honest car really so if it is I am certainly interested.