NEWBIE needing help :/

KavanEP

Fresh Recruit
Alright lads, im new to this whole thing, obviously.... i need help with my glanza.
I need to know quite alot as i haven't a clue about anything haha.
im looking to make this thing brutally quick, its fast as it is, but im looking to go a bit crazy
1st of all, i see alot of talking about ecus? like the greddy ultimate, blue etc... will i need 1? and what purpose does it have?
i looked at quite alot of tdo4 builds, and they seem to be the tool for the job, but what will i need to make it safe? Also they all mostly have aftermarket ecus.
My engine is pretty much standard atm, apart from a kakimoto exhaust, blitz dump valve and a hks mushroom filter. so its ready to play with.
i also need a front mount, but i read somewere you have to do away with the air con? or is it relocating the air filter that woul do this? i clearly dont have a clue, but this has to be the place for answers any tips, answers or reccomendations welcome. Thanks.

sam2kk8

Fresh Recruit
Welcome, personally wouldn't go td04 unless you buy or build a forged engine, although saying that I've seen a few people run a td04 at low boost with just a rrfpr and achieve 220hp

How much power are you after?

I had my ct9 at 1bar and it made 189.9hp on the dyno and I felt that was enough..obv with supporting mods but standard ecu

Got.Boost

Fresh Recruit
Welcome to the site

I'm doing a ct9 build atm should be looking around the 180 bhp mark I will post up z link when it's all done

Jay

Admin
TD04 should meet your requirements perfectly in my humble opinion. Certainly will give the car the kick up the arse you are looking for. The likes of WEPR and Zisco on this site offer bolt on TD04 kits which are well worth the money and are superior to most cheaper routes.

As for management:

Bigger turbo = more air into the engine
More air into the engine = more fuel needed
More fuel needed = stock ECU tricked with FCD & fuel regulator or aftermarket management required

Obviously the tailored management will offer better MPG, performance and adjustablility over the FCD/RRFR approach but both are viable options.

Hope that makes sense mate,

Jay