newbie poster ep70

10secGT

Member +
newbie poster ep70 4age

Hi all, my names Dave, from westmeath. have been a member on this site for a good while but dont bother posting much, just browse the threads normally! im currently in the process of putting a 4age in my ep70 and thought you guys might like to see the pictures of how im getting on!

I have loads of pics but il just throw up a few.

how i bought the car
Image128.jpg

old engine out
Image016.jpg

Chassis leg ready for modification
Image002.jpg

all welded and primed
Image114.jpg

engine and box all rebuilt and ready to go
Image011.jpg

gt turbo fuel pump mocked up to fit in carby tank
DSCF0022.jpg

and the starlet as it is now
DSCF0028.jpg

There's loads more pictures on that photobucket file all these picks came from, and a vid on there of the it running. got a good bit left to do before il be happy to drive it on the road but it as good as mobile, just needs the rad piped up and a few little jobs. But thats my progress so far, hope you enjoy!

cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
I remember that username!

Hope all is well stranger, looks like you are keeping busy at any rate.

Jay

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
u know jay im pretty sure it rings a bell lol..

very nice project mate! are u gonna turbo it later on? or keep it n/a ?

best of luck & looking forward to updates on ur project :)

kon

Dave.

Member +
Yup, I'm sure it used to belong to the guy with the black GT with TOM's front bumper and those mad wheels with the chrome down each spoke. Running NOS and some serious power :)

Might be wrong though...

Dave

10secGT

Member +
yep i used to be on the old website couple years ago with the same username, just havn't posted since i joined this one.

i rebuilt the engine back to standard spec because im a student and couldnt afford to go mad on it, should be around 125bhp. but theres always an option to tune it up when i get a bit of cash! i rekon il keep it n/a, theres nothing better than hearing a 4age revving its nuts off!

@ jay, im the guy that was with jay88 that time getting the boot-lid off you a couple months ago

cheers
Dave

10secGT

Member +
update

Just a little update on how things are progressing. I have been doing a fair bit with the car in the last few weeks and managed to get the exhaust, cooling system, brakes and some more wiring tidied up.

Some pictures;

The rear brakes, before
DSCF0061.jpg

And after,
DSCF0076.jpg

The engine bay as it stands now
enginebay.jpg

And just a front view i thought looked cool, took it when i was doing the rear brakes
DSCF0059.jpg

After all this hard work i took it for a spin this evening, and im happy enough with it. The brakes are still a bit soft and will probably need bleeding again, and the front wheels are so far toed out all it wants to do is head for the ditch when you turn the wheel at all. I needed to take the tvis system out of it because the lack of room and the manifold was fouling the clutch master, and you can definitely feel the missing low down torque because of this, and cant rev the nuts off it just yet because it needs running in. But all in due time!!:p

This is more than likely the last bit of progress for a few months as im going back to college but whenever i do get a bit further il update the thread. I took enough pictures when i was doing the brake conversion to make up a little how-to in case anyone on here would find it useful.

Anywho cheers for all the comments,

Dave

A2KLAU

Member +
Very refreshing to see something this ambitious!! I think once this is finished and tweaked up it could sneak into some magazines! This is quite a rare conversion I would say!

Keep up the good work, and best of luck with everything!!