not happy just gone down man hole!!!

turbo-fever

Member +
i am so pissed off right now:mad: was driving along the road tonight and obviously cos of the large amount of rain there are some puddles so, slowly went to drive through this puddle didnt look to deep and as i got to the middle of the puddle my car dropped as if my wheel had fallen off then the engine died.

tried to start it and wouldnt start wen i finally got towed out about 45 mins later and the water finally drained off i could see that i had gone down a manhole, the cover was also down the manhole.

so at the moment i have no job and no money and dont know how i am goin to fix it as not sure on extent of damage yet, think i have probably bent valves or sumink as there is water in the engine.

gonna have a look at it tomorrow then cry i think

turbo-fever

Member +
well i managed to get 1 pic cos me battery died trying to ring people to tow me out but my mate said he got a few and i know one of the police officers that was there who will vouch for me, i wanna claim as i dont see how its my fault i havnt got the money to repair it and if the manhole cover was on then i would have got all the way through the puddle

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
defiantly get a claim in for that mate, hope you get it sorted.

ive seen in our local paper a few times where roads that have fell into ill repair have damaged peoples wheels and or tyres and they have claimed back the cost from the counsel for failing to maintain the road.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
how do you know you've got water in the engine, the starlet is quite hard to hydrolock due to it's long intake tract.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Should be an easy claim mate! From there point of view it's a lot less hassle than if somebody had fallen down it! I went to a truck show once in Peterborough, and there was an open concrete hole literally about 40metres deep, in the car park!!! I actually parked my car over it so that no-one fell down it.

turbo-fever

Member +
well i am going to see if i can claim but i really dont know how to go about it i have got photos, times, dates, and place also an incident number plus the officers who were at the seen.

the way i see it imagine a kid was walking through the puddle and he fell down the manhole could have been a lot worse

Aimee

Member +
well i am going to see if i can claim but i really dont know how to go about it i have got photos, times, dates, and place also an incident number plus the officers who were at the seen.

the way i see it imagine a kid was walking through the puddle and he fell down the manhole could have been a lot worse

Phone up your council or housing association tell them what road it was on an they will tell you who the manhole belongs to like thereselves or a different company. Once you know that phone the company tell them whats happend and your situation an they should help if they dont then go to a solicitor. I know its abit different but we went through the same process with our 2yr old son cus he fell down a drain cus it didn't have a cover on.

Hope this helps :)

turbo-fever

Member +
cheers bazza well have been told it belongs to anglian water so have phoned them and they are passing it to a manager who will contact me on monday ( if they dont i will ring them back).

also i have just taken off the rocker cover and it seems like all the valves are up apart from 2, i thought there should be 8 up and 8 down

weakboy2

Member +
valves wont be bent mate, take the plugs out, crank the engine over a fair bit until water stops spraying out of the cylinders, dry the plugs of and refit then keep cranking it with your foot flat on the accelerator until it goes, might be ok. even if a rod is bent it will start but probs on 3 cylinders.

Aimee

Member +
cheers bazza well have been told it belongs to anglian water so have phoned them and they are passing it to a manager who will contact me on monday ( if they dont i will ring them back).

also i have just taken off the rocker cover and it seems like all the valves are up apart from 2, i thought there should be 8 up and 8 down

Its 'Mrs Bazza' :haha: just hope they ring you back monday bab get the ball rolling. An as for the valve's i dont know about that, someone else will have to help you out there lol. Like i say just hope you get it sorted :)

Aimee x

turbo-fever

Member +
also i cant turn the engine over with the plugs out, anyone got any ideas could it be siezed?

sorry mrs-bazza lol

Last edited:

weakboy2

Member +
does the engine not turn at all, since you went in the water?

if so could be an electrical problem

check the main fuses in the engine bay fuse box

Last edited: