now officially time served

markeybhoy

Member +
well folks, today is a great day for me so i though i should share :)

after 3 years of training and living off apprentice wages, it has all paid off as i just had my last meeting with my training officer who signed off my Log Book. Now officially time served and own the title of Aircraft Engineer (engine tester) and not "Apprentice" any longer.

quickest 3 years of my life to be honest and was a bit of a mad dash in the past few weeks to ensure my log book was up to standard but what a relief when that final signature went down. its a great day :) might half shift it and go on a bender in town :p

hopefully the new title will see a drop in my insurance aswell? lol

Elaine

Lifer
Thats great news well done!!!

You should deff go and have a few beers tonight!!! Dont hold out any hope with the insurance lol

Nwimie

Member +
well done matey i think you should go celebrate! bit of extra cash for doing a job you like cant be to bad ;)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Well done boss, must be an awesome feeling kind of like passing your driving test for the first time but just much much better !

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
Well done dude, congrats :)

Wish I had done something different when I was younger, rather than being stuck where I am now :(

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Well done dude, congrats :)

Wish I had done something different when I was younger, rather than being stuck where I am now :(

Were are you stuck? :D

I also wish i stuck to something like this also to end up in a proper career, suppose ive still got time to choose but aint as easy now with a family i suppose aswell.

Congrats bud.

markeybhoy

Member +
there a lot of older folk now starting the apprenticeship programme. companies cannot put age limits in place now due to discrimination etc...

salary is a down point though, going to a basic wage for a couple of years, it pays of in the long run though if your prepared to do it.

rolls-royce do adult apprentice programmes, i think they match your previous jobs basic salary and your on that during your training.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
there a lot of older folk now starting the apprenticeship programme. companies cannot put age limits in place now due to discrimination etc...

salary is a down point though, going to a basic wage for a couple of years, it pays of in the long run though if your prepared to do it.

rolls-royce do adult apprentice programmes, i think they match your previous jobs basic salary and your on that during your training.

You saying were all old foagies :D I aint near that age of Mike lol

BoostJunkie

Member +
i'm 27 yrs old and on my last yr (level 3) in mechanics at college,doing that as no one would give me an apprenticeship.

as you said they can't discriminate cos of age but they get a 16 year old to do the same work and pay them pennies. Thats why adult apprenticeships dont work,they would if they put 16 and up on the same basic wage as older folk that way people like me would have a chance at getting an apprenticeship and a career.

As i may be about to start on my last year at college but once i finish i STILL wont be qualified i need to then get into a garage work for a year then i will get my papers to say i'm qualified and the chances are very very slim i will get into a garage thats why once my last year is up i'm going to uni to do motorsport engineering.

markeybhoy

Member +
i'm 27 yrs old and on my last yr (level 3) in mechanics at college,doing that as no one would give me an apprenticeship.

as you said they can't discriminate cos of age but they get a 16 year old to do the same work and pay them pennies. Thats why adult apprenticeships dont work,they would if they put 16 and up on the same basic wage as older folk that way people like me would have a chance at getting an apprenticeship and a career.

As i may be about to start on my last year at college but once i finish i STILL wont be qualified i need to then get into a garage work for a year then i will get my papers to say i'm qualified and the chances are very very slim i will get into a garage thats why once my last year is up i'm going to uni to do motorsport engineering.

true what your saying and its unfair. although, on a better note, my work have taken on 15 apprentices for this years intake and one of them include a 25year old female so i think its a sign that things are changing. shes gona have to go to a training centre for 6months with 16-20 year old lads, god help her lol