Opinions on stickers, stickerbombing, and JDM decals ? (pics)

Nozy

Fresh Recruit
I'm thinking about putting some stickers on my starlet. I love the sticker bombing craze at the moment but I notice that not many starlet owners have done it; and it only apears to suit a minority of cars.

What are people's opinions on stickerbombing a starlet? If you like the idea where would you cover?

I also want your advice on aligning stickers in general. I want to get some JDM decals, (jokey ones and brand names). Where do you guys reckon looks best on a starlet for stickers? Here are stickers thst come up on ebay: JDM STICKER SEARCH, and I've added some pictures for examples:

jdm+password.jpg

jdm_stickers_by_jaimevalle.jpg

images

03.jpg

kf2d28gj9racwxnuy2du.jpg

stuarty1

Member +
sticker bombing was done on jap cars for a while i realy want to do my lip on my wheels but to get a sheet and a nice good one u could always do it ur self my goin to some one who does stickers and get him to stick them al on the one sheet if u get me

dark_knight

Member +
well, if you're not planning to overkill it like the pix on here :) ..you can put select stickers on some interesting areas of the car, for instance;
- above your headlights on the hood,
- the lowest point on the bumper between the fog light & at the corner of the wheel well
- between the door & the front wheel well, where the side repeater would be
- on the rear window nearest to the b-pillar
- on your fuel pod cap :)
- at the lowest point on the rear fender nearest to the exhaust curve
- at the top row of your windscreen, left, right or center

& pretty much anywhere else you fancy since it boils down to preference..

dark_knight

Member +
i think it also matters what the base color on your car is. darker colors seem to work better than lighter colors..? i would think so..

dark_knight

Member +
@lewism1: tru.
i have a hks sticker above my left headlight. an apexi one on the bottom left corner between the wheel well and fog. have a defi one that i'm still looking at where to place.. :)

H_D

Member +
Im not a fan of stickers, i got rid of every single sticker on my ep91 including the glanza stickers on the rear quarter and all the stickers on the boot also removed the horrible radio antenna and had it flushed

dark_knight

Member +
flushed radio antennae slot

@H_D: how did you have the radio antennae slot flushed..? body shop or you did it yourself..?

H_D

Member +
@H_D: how did you have the radio antennae slot flushed..? body shop or you did it yourself..?

Got it done at a bodyshop i was getting my whole car re-sprayed at the time and the painter recommendid i ditch the antenna as it spoils the look of the car....i did just that and it looks much better than any glanza with an antenna

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
hmm.. alright. thanks.
still trying to get all my performance mods done before i get to the body and paintwork. mine is seriously in need of a full respray but it can wait as the car runs mint atm..

H_D

Member +
hmm.. alright. thanks.
still trying to get all my performance mods done before i get to the body and paintwork. mine is seriously in need of a full respray but it can wait as the car runs mint atm..

Im gonna keep mine on a CT9 setup for now but i have begun to build a secondary engine which should be complete by next summer i will swap engines every 6 months....stock engine with ct9 in the winter and forged with big turbo setup in the summer!

dark_knight

Member +
@H_D: that's a lot of swapping. i'm sure the car will hate you for that.. :)
how about the cars' paperwork etc. isn't the engine number supposed to match the chassis number on the logbook.. or do you have that sorted already..?

H_D

Member +
Dont have engine numbers on the logbook if its an import (i think)

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
@H_D: hmmm.. interesting.
ours are compulsory.. and it's such a pain in the wrong places when you want to do a heart transplant.. so at times most people just swap everything except the block itself where the engine # stamp is.. :|