out of idea's.

shanegt

Member +
my 94 gt was overheating, it had not bein drove in nearly 3 years and im in the process of getting it right, anyway the water pump is ok, done a compression test which wasn bad, 150 c1 and the rest in around 158 - 160.so i stripped the head of to get it compression tested(gasket ok), today he tells me test was ok but the head is cracked round the exhaust manifold area, i will get a new head but this still doesn solve my overheating nightmare. thanks shane.

weeJohn

Lifer
If its been sitting a while it could be gunged up a flush could help but it may be past that. After that the rad cap is the first easy thing to change and then the radiator.

shanegt

Member +
its not leaking at all, ive flushed the system out and put costic soda threw it, the rad and cap or both must be goosed.still thinking fellows with my compression test results can i be certain the problem does not lie there and could it simply lie with something so simple has a rad cap, much appreeciated shane.

Jay

Admin
Caustic soda? Would that not be a tad aggressive in a cooling system? First time I've heard it used for that purpose just.

Jay

weeJohn

Lifer
Depending on how strong it was, I would say the rubber gasket on the thermostat may have taken a beating from the soda lol.