paddle or organic?

affy

Lifer
after sorting the fuel cut off 2day, now have another problem........the clutch cant handle the power..........its a standard clutch

wat would you recomend the paddle or organic one?

i know a few people have paddle ones and are great for racing and launching, bt havnt or dont know anybody with the organic ones

wat they like? any suggestions

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive had an organic one sitting in its box for the past 6 months, was expecting my clutch to go as i thought it was on is way out but it isnt!?

99glanzav

Banned
depends on what power you plan to run....paddle is best option man,i ran a paddle off sam and would recommend it for upto 250bhp organics arent great for hi powered applications...organics will slip when very hot

dac69er

Super Moderator
depends what your using it for too and how hard you are on the clutch. paddle will be fine for most fast road applications up to 250bhp i would say, if your not really hard on it or launch it bout everywhere

affy

Lifer
dont say that man :( i've alwys thought they were good lol..............the thing is i use the car for shopping and if i get paddle clutch which has hardly any biting point i'l be gettig slippers of my mum every time i set off lol :p

m running it at just over 170bhp well that without the exhuast system as its still cat back lol.....planing on taking it to 200 by next couple of weeks

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your not going to go to santapod or the tracka lot and your not too stupid on the road the organic will be fine with 200ish bhp through it mate!

99glanzav

Banned
dont say that man :( i've alwys thought they were good lol..............the thing is i use the car for shopping and if i get paddle clutch which has hardly any biting point i'l be gettig slippers of my mum every time i set off lol :p

m running it at just over 170bhp well that without the exhuast system as its still cat back lol.....planing on taking it to 200 by next couple of weeks

at 200 dont bother with organic,i used my paddle as a daily drive and gave it plenty of launches and it held up fine

affy

Lifer
do you both use paddle's lol...........looks like it might have to be paddle then ............unless there are some other types of clutches

i do plan on taking it santapod and some other tracks.......so organic are defo not good then :(

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive used my exedy std replacement clutch up santapod and i think i use it quite hard on the road as i want it to go so i can replace it and put my other box it too. it hasnt given up on me yet and its been in a couple of years now i think.

99glanzav

Banned
ive used my exedy std replacement clutch up santapod and i think i use it quite hard on the road as i want it to go so i can replace it and put my other box it too. it hasnt given up on me yet and its been in a couple of years now i think.
you are running low power though,this lad is talking about ~200bhp so a paddle is the best option imho(obviously not the only option but the most reliable...)

a stock clutch wont last too long unless driving very easy,if its been in a couple of years and still fine then i put it down to your gt running low power and easy driving,i seen a 175 glanza v going through a stock clutch in less than a month

when choosing a clutch you gotta consider driving style,power/lbft out put of your car or else you gonna be buying the same part twice

affy

Lifer
lol my mate's clutch lasted 25mins

got all chewed up

am getting my exhuast doen by next weeknd and am pretty sur the car will be running close to 180bhp....................the clucth is slipping now and i'l be thrashing itafter next week and its probaly gona get chewed up quickly

there must be another clucth besides the paddle lol

99glanzav

Banned
there must be another clucth besides the paddle lol
thats the name of your thread mate,paddle or organic= paddle for 200bhp car,course theres more options but you asked that choice!!

what about a twin plate clutch?dunno if traders on here sell them...drop them pm

affy

Lifer
lol coz i tought them were the only 2 options for higher modded cars and them two were the only ones i was intrested in

thanks for that will ask the traders....................but i think in the end i might just go for paddle............will make decision by fiday lol

thanks guys :)

azerty

Supermoderator
as dave said. at 200 hp the organic is fine enough.
I had 225 hp with TRD facing sport organic and never had any trouble. I sold the car, the new owner still drive with the organic and is well happy as he has to go thrue trafic jam everyday...
Aga used tohave an Exedy organic when his car was 250 hp. He never complained about it... he has uprated to ORC now as he is around 290 hp from what I remember

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well iv run an exedy 750 organic clutch.. so far its held 1.7bar on a td04L :D

wouldnt really reccomend a paddle clutch if ur car is a daily runner.. its a bitch in traffic, untill u get used to it of course :)

if ur goin for big power get an ogura 309D or 309E clutch with a sprung centre.. that clutch is the best!! nothing better i can assure u :D

kon

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i have a Helix organic clutch in now............. and it hasnt faulted me not even in the slightest... never slipped once "even when hot".... and its very easy to use, and i have no problem launching it either........

My experience mate.......

affy

Lifer
thats it guys am going organic.................. if you say no problem then that will do for me :), i always thought they were good, just needed someone with experience on then,

i dont mind if i cant luanch the car on pickup, as starlets are fast anyway off the mark

am selling my hks super drager on saturday so just call it a part ex with a clutch lol coz am gona spend it on that anyway :p

right then, looking into some organic ones...any sugesstions? was thinking maybe exedy but i know theres other ones too

Adam_Glanza

Member +
and the paddle has shit drivability, do your research before you buy 1 mate, you dont have any clutch control its all or nothing so ther wank if your in traffic alot of time.. i just bought a orc single plate and i love it, it may be expensive but you get a lightened flywheel with it too and its top of the range stuff very good quality