Question for starlet owners with small children

jamesgtturbo

Member +
Hi , some of you me remember me from before, ive had my fair share of ep,s in the past ! since i was last on im now the proud father of my daughter layla , anyeay onto my question , i currently drive a subaru impreza but need to sell up as running costs and the new family dont go hand in hand lol ! now do people who have small children / babies have any problems with space ? i.e fitting car seats in ? fitting buggies / foldable pram frames in the boot ?

thanks in advance for any replies

james

turboloon

Member +
lol..get a zafira mate they're great family cars i got one for the wife VERY versatile,ours is a 1.6 and goes pretty well and is good on petrol as well

davehart

Member +
Nice to have you back on the boards james m8.

You can fit a babyseat in the back of a GT no problems at all with plenty of space.

If your not wanting an EP, laguna's are good family cars for a runabout.

Somhairle

Lifer
Mate, I carried my little girl about in my EP!

Its a pain in the arse fitting and removing a child seat, so just pick a place, and strap it in and keep it there!

As for buggies etc, the stroller type ones go in the boot no problems, but the bigger ones require removal of the parcel shelf!

Just be careful tho man, they aren't the safest cars to be carrying your baby in!

Som.

turboloon

Member +
Mate, I carried my little girl about in my EP!

Its a pain in the arse fitting and removing a child seat, so just pick a place, and strap it in and keep it there!

As for buggies etc, the stroller type ones go in the boot no problems, but the bigger ones require removal of the parcel shelf!

Just be careful tho man, they aren't the safest cars to be carrying your baby in!

Som.
as the man said they're deffo not the safest cars to be carrying yer little ones about in they're like fricking coke cans!!!

ZEP 082

Member +
i used to carry my son in a gt and in a glanza. with a removable baby carrying seat it just passes between the b pillar and the seat when it's tilted to the front plus it's a bit akward to bend for the tilting lever while holding the baby. when fitted the dc5 recaros was a bit different still tight to put the seat in but at least the tilting lever is on the upper side making life much more easier. the best is to have a car seat which will remain in the car.

as for pushchairs we had one which didn't fit in the small ep boot so had to put it behind the passengers seat. try to find a pushchair that will stay in your ep's boot.

Somhairle

Lifer
It really does come down to the driver!

you can't really stop someone wiping you all out, as it's their driving thats at fault.

When I had my little one in the EP, I was always stupidly careful, in fact I forgot the car even had a turbo!

When you got your little one's life in your hands, even if you were driving a tank, you'll still be careful!

Som.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Maybe blasfamy :haha: but maybe a EP3 type R? Build quality is good and look a lot safer than a starlet plus you get half decent power.

Shorty

Member +
im the same with my neice in the car! and a glanza has plenty of room in the boot but again not for the bigger pram type buggies :)
good call though dude civics are safe cars

Stulet-GTT

Member +
My first boy was 9 month's old and i had a XR2, then we found out we was having another kid..

I had the XR2 for 2 year's with 2kids no worry's, then after that i had a XR2i for about 6year's no worry's in that..

Kids dont completly change ya life unless you let it, you really just adapt with them...

Small car's FTW....

bucketep91

Member +
i had an imprezza and sold it to buy my glanza and my misses fell pregnant 2 weeks later, wish i had kept it lol i should have sold the starlet but i couldnt:) but iv managed with no probs carrying everything around in the glanza. the only problem i came across was the seat belt wasnt long enough for most car seats, so check that out too.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
when we had amy the only car i had was the ep91, all i can say is we got through without any problems, everything used to fit, including the pram in the rear.. its not really an issue mate, they are little cars but ud be surprised how much stuff u can fit lol!

kon