really pissed off

sx_turbo

Lifer
well my clutch needed doing for the past 2 months, and i also needed to do the cambelt and a full service.

i also have a manifold and turbo and downpipe etc etc etc all to fit, so i talk about it to a guy at work, and he is a retired mechanic, and said he would do it all for £100, providing i helped out.

brilliant i thought, thats a result.

so friday i stripped the car down, saturday morning i stripped the rest. the guy phones me at 9 and says he is just on his way, he was running late as he had to much to drink the night before, he was supposed to be round mine at 7.30, and then finally turned up at 10.

we took the engine out, i replaced the clutch and rear main oil seal, as it was leaking, he done the timing belt. i also took the turbo and down pipe off.

now seeing as the engine was out i wanted to replace the water pump as it is a bastard to do, so we had an argument and he said he was to tired to do it, so i just gave in and said ok lets put the engine back.

so we put the engine back and as soon as the last engine mount was in, he decided he would fuck off. leaving me to do everything else and still wants me to give him £100. now seeing as i work with the guy i shal so as not to upset the applecart and cause a bad atmosphere at work.

anyway i struggled til 7:30 last night and decided to give it a rest as i was getting tired.

so i gets up this morning, and realise the hybrid turbo i have bout needs the old hole type actuator, bolox i says. lucky for me my dad was on hand and helped me modify it to fit, great that was easy enough.

P25-05-08_1231.jpg

go to fit the adjustable arm on and it doesnt screw on far enough, it only goes on about a 1/4 of the way as the whole arm isnt threaded only a small bit is, bolox now im unimpressed with the qaulity of toytuning's actuators, never mind i says i'll just pack out the actuator with washers to make the wastegate shut properly.

P25-05-08_1226.jpg

ok thats sorted. easy enough. now the day gets worse and worse.

went to put the new studs i bought from toyota into my new manifold, and the guy who built it has tapped it using the wrong threads. bolox (again)

so a quick call to my dad's mate and between them we get some new studs made for it, and get some new nuts and washers, sorted, cant be anything else left to go wrong now.

so finally bolt the manifold turbo etc etc all together, and fit to block, woo hoo were on the home straight.

so go to fit my new air intake courtesy of riko, and................

bolox it dont fit, the new manifold is to tall for it to fit, it is based on the standard efi pipe but removes the restrictions and uses a larger diameter pipe.

so, i thought i'll try the standard efi pipe as the manifold was supposed to fit with that. now the pipe does just about fit, but it thousands of a milimeter from the manifold it will get way to much heat and just melt.

ok i says, i'll just relocate my filter to the front, during the week, lets just get it back together so i can run the engine to make sure it is all ok.

but my dad said you better make sure your fmic piping fits with that mani as so far nothing has. good idea so i gets my inter cooler pipe, and lo and befucking hold, it dont fit, as the mani prtrudes to much, by this point i'm seething, and the intercooler pipe goes flying and the fence gets it.

by this point i'm cursing the little shit head who built the shit mani, and promised me it fits with both the efi pipe and blitz/autobahn fmic piping.

any way i said, i spose i could always get the pipe bent slightly so it will fit.

so i connect the standard tmic in the and for now, yipee it fits, :homer:

right ready to start the car.

i starts the car and .......................................

it sounds like a fucking ww2 spitfire.

the manifold is leaking between the manifold and turbo. it has a new gasket and i know the nuts and bolts are tight as i done them and made sure they were.

so the flange im assuming is slightly warped. i already had to get the head to mani flange skimmed, as it was 1.5mm warped, and the guy i bought the manifold from tried telling me that it was fine and never needed it. yeah bloody right.

so i now have a car that has been sat on the drive in peices for the past 3 nights. i bought everything well in advance, and had planned it the best i could. i have been planning this for 1.5 months and it still goes bloody tits up, all because of suppliers.

any ways my bank holiday monday will now be spent taking the mani and turbo etc apart again, trying to fix it all and modifying my intercooler piping.

i'm really tired and fucked off.

sorry to make such a long thread, just needed to let off steam.

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
sorry to hear the bother u had mate really hope u get it all sorted out asap. it dose my head in when parts dont fit as they should when u pay good money for them :(

sx_turbo

Lifer
I feel for you bud

Get that fcuking manifold and throw it back in his face.

lol

trust me if i could afford to, i would be on a flight myself to malta, to give him a peice of my mind.

i have to persevere now though, as i have spent £300 on this mani, and cant afford to just throw it away.

also on a side note, i originally asked and payed for a mild steel mani off the guy and he sent me a stainless steel one, granted it is 321 grade, and it was more expensive, but he also left a bracket off the mani, and so i had to get my mate to very kindly weld a new bracket on for me.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
that fucking sucks hard.

I would be sooo far from impressed. Ive had my fair share of problems, but i think this would top it off all in one day.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the only part i was worried about not fitting or working properly was the CAP clutch, but that seems fine so far, and fitted like a glove

dac69er

Super Moderator
know how you feel mate. i had everything ready to do my brake conversion and im still waiting on parts. car has been on a jack for god knows how long now.

does piss you off when you get suppliers letting you down or just being really slow

Idrees

Banned
Get a refund on it. The trader you bought it off is crap, I talk from personal experience.

Get a thread up in the sales feedback section. Thats what it is there for ;)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
That what you get for falling off my manifold list :(.

On a serious note mate its really not on sorry to hear this i can totally understand your frustration. I hope you can try and sort it all out wish you all of the best bro.

Dane

Adam_Glanza

Member +
sounds lucky that your skilled enough to bodge most of the items, i know alot of people wouldnt be able too!!

i would be so stuck without my dad giving me a hand lol

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I havent really heard of any bad feedback for the Zisco products ? Most of the Maltese guys rate him very much including Hybrid on here. I suppose if you were told it would fit and it didnt its a little out of order.

I am sure they can sort any problemsout they are good guys as far as i know including Killamats

sx_turbo

Lifer
I havent really heard of any bad feedback for the Zisco products ? Most of the Maltese guys rate him very much including Hybrid on here. I suppose if you were told it would fit and it didnt its a little out of order.

I am sure they can sort any problemsout they are good guys as far as i know including Killamats

your right it seems as though the sun shines out of his arse for every one else.

BUT

if they tell you a product will fit, and infact they ask you what specs you want the mani to be built to, you should bloody expect it to fit properly first time every time, or at least send you what you asked for.

on another note, dane your boost controller fits a treat, i am well chuffed with it :)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
your right it seems as though the sun shines out of his arse for every one else.

BUT

if they tell you a product will fit, and infact they ask you what specs you want the mani to be built to, you should bloody expect it to fit properly first time every time, or at least send you what you asked for.

on another note, dane your boost controller fits a treat, i am well chuffed with it :)

ahh at least something went right for you mate :)

DriveR

Member +
Ah mate, so sorry to hear of this nightmare. It's such a pain in the arse when everything goes pear shaped at once, it can become pretty hard to take. But it looks like there will be ways to get it all sorted by following up with the suppliers etc...I think you did a bloody good job with the problems that were thrown at you, well done, and I hope it all falls into place asap.