Redline Magazine wants your big power Starlets and Glanzas!

Stav Redline

Fresh Recruit
As title really. Not 100% sure what we will do with them yet to be honest, depends on the response, lol :haha:

We all know what a great cars to tune Starlet GT Turbos and Glanzas are, but the coverage for them (in therefore this whole forum) in tuned car magazines are minimal, which is crazy really considering how good they are.

We think its time to change that, and would love to feature some great tuned versions, either as individual feature cars, as part of a feature on a group of cars (sub 1.8 litre hot hatches maybe?), or even a Starlet/Galanza group thrash at Pod or Brunters if there was a good enough response, who knows...
In fact, a tech feature where we RR test a car with a stock exhaust/intercooler vs one with a front mount and full system on is something else we was thinking about...

Regarding the type of car we would be interested in; basically we would want all-round performance road cars (uprated suspension, brakes, diff, wheels and tyres, etc), big power (ideally 230bhp+, any insane power ones would be good regardless of what else has been done to the car), ideally not fully stripped (no harm in it, but ideally as little bare interior metal as poss), ideally little or no extra external graphics, can easily have standardish bodywork and certainly no chavvy mods externally or internally (that includes big wheels, big ICE, etc that blunt performance).

Here are a load of sample pages from the last year or so of the mag if you want a rough idea the sort of theme we go for...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photos.php?id=1207448610

If you have a car that fits the bill for any of the above and fancy being part of it, drop me an email at- Stavros@futurenet.com

Cheers

Stav :drive:

Stav Redline

Fresh Recruit
brilliant , there are loads of quality machines on here, will be nice to see.:drive:

Going by your sig/avatar the one you have certainly isnt shy!

We have no problems featuring cars over in Ireland either, we have a great snapper over there and even send our own over if need be- In the last 2 isssues we have had feature cars from the Republic :)

PS- Im trying to convince the powers that be that we should have one as our next project car once we sell the TT, but I think they want a 2000-on car, damnit.
I'd love one myself actually as a daily, I miss my old R5GTT and these are the modern day equivalents- what rpm are they pulling in 5th at 70 (i do a lot of motorway miles! :) )

IppyEP82

Member +
Excellent. you are bound to find some 300+bhp monsters on here.
And generally they do about 3200 rpm at 70 in 5th.

starletsam

Member +
70 on a motorway revs at about 3k :) would be good to see some mote starlets in magazines I swear most have civics in every month!rarely see a feature on a starlet!would have been awsome to have seen one on dave burwash's old 438bhp beast!

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
this is what i want im after e mailing every magazine i can think of to try get my car a feature ha only 2 have got back to me so far banzai, and mij an irish mag and hopefully one will do a feature

i always wanted my car in a mag after all the work we put in would be nice to see it appreciated :):)

sx_turbo

Lifer
70, there at just over 3k revs.

and yeah theres loads of high power starlets around, (most have been broken for bits though ha ha)

you have email :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
this is what i want im after e mailing every magazine i can think of to try get my car a feature ha only 2 have got back to me so far banzai, and mij an irish mag and hopefully one will do a feature

i always wanted my car in a mag after all the work we put in would be nice to see it appreciated :):)

yeah from experience most magazines dont give to hoots unless its silvias supras or skylines (for japanese stuff), or cars much older than 2000

gglavin

Member +
Going by your sig/avatar the one you have certainly isnt shy!

We have no problems featuring cars over in Ireland either, we have a great snapper over there and even send our own over if need be- In the last 2 isssues we have had feature cars from the Republic :)

PS- Im trying to convince the powers that be that we should have one as our next project car once we sell the TT, but I think they want a 2000-on car, damnit.
I'd love one myself actually as a daily, I miss my old R5GTT and these are the modern day equivalents- what rpm are they pulling in 5th at 70 (i do a lot of motorway miles! :) )

ya no sweat some of the best are over here :p my car is in for re-spray on the 26th of this month so I will send you a email with my spec:)

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
e-mail sent :):) would be sweet to get all the irish cars in a massive shoot ,everyone knows the best starlets are over here:haha::haha:

danb87

South East England Area Rep
so many nice starlets an glanzas all over the country an abroad. but in the past year ive seen alot off the top ones being sold or stripped.

i vote sanchez gt for a feature, would make a good read. i like readin his build thread over on uksc. and i think it would be even better in a magazine

an his cars almost done :rockon:

starbuck

Member +
This would be great.

I think redline should do a big spread about the Starlet. What people have been saying is true, they are kind of forgotten in tuning mags etc.

I think we should have a TGTT meet if a shoot went ahead. I can see the mag shots now with the Big HP starlets in the middle with the other forum cars around the outside......

Title - Starlet GT Turbo - The Forgotten Jap Classic. Lol

lingl9z

Member +
Only problem with magazine features is a lot of the chavvier kids read them, realise they're a 1.3 turbo and all go out to get them and raise the price of insurance for everyone! :(

Would be good though alot of nice cars on the site all over the world, could be good to have a nice feature of the way people tune/style in different parts of the world =D