Repairing TOMS bumper

Rik

Member +
Well, i got my toms bumper repaired not so long ago, but i've cracked it again! It's not too bad but the bit I want to fix mainly is on the bit where you screw it to the car. I need a bit of plastic to fibreglass to where its snapped and then i can drill a hole for the screw to go through.

Does anyone know a place that will sell a small sheet of plastic i could use? I've found a fibreglass kit, just need a small bit of plastic to do it! Well annoying when it keeps popping out :( Another thing, has anyone filled the hole where the self tapping screw goes as on the passenger side, the thread has basically been messed up so it doesn't hold the bumper flush anymore....what did you use/recommend to use to do it, fibreglass resin again?

sx_turbo

Lifer
mould the bit you want with fibreglass mate, then drill the fibre glass, will be just as good if not better than bonding a bit of plastic to it

Rik

Member +
Cheers guys, I'll try that then, we just used abit of plastic and bonded that to it before but i like the idea of just the fibreglass :)

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I messed up the thread holding on the bumper to the wing, i used the drift trick, Cable ties posabilly the greatest invention EVER!

Last edited:

Rik

Member +
Cable ties sure do come in handy haha it's just a ball ache having to keep cable tying it on everytime you take it off :( So i'll just fill the hole an hopefully it will be sorted with a self tapping screw lol