Right to defend yourself?

Somhairle

Lifer
Right basicially I just had a phone call asking me to go pick up a good mate from a police station.

He's been charged with assault as he woke up to a fella in his house hoking through his stuff possibly to find car keys or whatever else.

He's a big lad, so waking up to find someone is his house, I assume he stood up and went to see what the noise was. Upon finding a young fella in his living room, he proceeded to issue a beat down, then rang the police once he had him restrained....

So the police arrive, see the guy on the floor who said he was invited, and considering no one locally knows him, arrest him and my mate as he drew blood from another person who wanted to press charges....

My mate now has and upcoming court case to answer because some twat decided to break in while he was alseep and have a look round his house. I know my mate will get off the charge in court, but I dont exactly know what he's getting off with?

I for one am of the opinion, that if he/she/it decides to enter my house, I will do everything in my power to put them down.

This has really pissed me off. Am I meant to make the intruder a cup of tea, then ask him to leave at 03:20 in the morning when he's just broke in?

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
i still live with my parents, ie, my family, mainly on those grounds, if someone comes in this house, they will get fuck kicked out of them, we'l take the cunt and bury them in the garden, ive got over an acre of land :)

lingl9z

Member +
i still live with my parents, ie, my family, mainly on those grounds, if someone comes in this house, they will get fuck kicked out of them, we'l take the cunt and bury them in the garden, ive got over an acre of land :)

Alright for some eh? I know where to bring my body's now!

but as above that sucks mate, I remember a guy in a lorry rammed my mate his is Williams and then speed off (number plate was dirty so couldn't get his details) so we chased him down the motorway before finally the police arrested us in red hill he was an Asian guy and tried saying it was a racial attack etc so he tried pressing charges on us thankfully it didn't stick and he dropped them but what sort of crap is that! the system is messed up, I know it's kinda diff to what happened to your mate but it seem's the victims become convicts.

gv1.3

Admin
My brothers car was stolen a few years ago. We managed to find it using some contacts we had. We waited for the fella who stole it to come back and he appeared with the keys in his hand.

I went over to him and he went for me. To cut a long story short before the police got there he had ended up pretty busted up. When we got to the police station we had to give statements and the copper informed me that the thieving scum wanted to have me done for assault. The law is certainly not on the side of property owners.

I may have said this on here before but I will say it again... you can slag off America as much as you like but they have the right idea about the right to defend yourself. It differs from state to state but you go down to Florida and immediately see the respect people have for personal space and people in general.

Florida has the stand your ground law. This law says that if someone threatens you or your home or is in involved in an act which threatens others you have the right to use force against that person. Upon completion of a concealed weapons course which takes less than a day you can carry a firearm on your person. If you were sitting at home and someone kicked your door in and you put two between their eyes you fill in some paperwork and get on with your day.

If you are walking down the street and you see a guy with a knife robbing a granny you can put a bullet in him and sleep soundly that night.

An armed society is a polite society. The law should ALWAYS be on the side of the innocent.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
I had this conversation with my missus last night as the same happened on some cop show i was watching. I would club the fuck out of him and dump the body unless he was still wringling then i would prob dump him somewhere like the m1 lol! That is if my american staff didnt rip his throat out first :D

If some cunt is gona come in my home im going to do everything to make sure people wont do it again and make them pay, jail time is too easy nowadays.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
My brothers car was stolen a few years ago. We managed to find it using some contacts we had. We waited for the fella who stole it to come back and he appeared with the keys in his hand.

I went over to him and he went for me. To cut a long story short before the police got there he had ended up pretty busted up. When we got to the police station we had to give statements and the copper informed me that the thieving scum wanted to have me done for assault. The law is certainly not on the side of property owners.

I may have said this on here before but I will say it again... you can slag off America as much as you like but they have the right idea about the right to defend yourself. It differs from state to state but you go down to Florida and immediately see the respect people have for personal space and people in general.

Florida has the stand your ground law. This law says that if someone threatens you or your home or is in involved in an act which threatens others you have the right to use force against that person. Upon completion of a concealed weapons course which takes less than a day you can carry a firearm on your person. If you were sitting at home and someone kicked your door in and you put two between their eyes you fill in some paperwork and get on with your day.

If you are walking down the street and you see a guy with a knife robbing a granny you can put a bullet in him and sleep soundly that night.

An armed society is a polite society. The law should ALWAYS be on the side of the innocent.

Agreed, they do have the right idea in the US. If only the goverment took note of the good America does instead of the shit they come out with.

Somhairle

Lifer

See, I agree with that.

I know putting firearms in the hands of the masses would envoke madness (well in Ireland anyway). But for a robber/rapist/mugger they would have to think twice about who was around and who was carrying a weapon, and who might have something under their pillow.

Unfortunately as it stands over here, theres nothing to worry about.

If you break in and cut yourself while doing so, thats the owners fault for having a sharp broken window, or cutting yourself while stealing some kitchenware, then thats the owners fault for having some sharp kitchen knives.

I mean what the fuck does it take for these little bastards to understand the concept of respect?

If i could turn back time and go down to my mates and pay him to let his 3 dogs sleep in the house I would.

But then the dogs would be put down for attacking no doubt.

Its fucking stupid. The Americans have the right idea on home security.

Som.

addz

Member +
It's in many peoples nature to do such a thing.

I would cut the bastards up and give the meat to a local kebab shop

gv1.3

Admin
well in all the times I have been out on the rip in America I have rarely if ever seen fights breaking out.

All of these little blow up tough guys you see out around Dublin on a Saturday night getting a few beers in them and thinking they are superman until they get knocked out. When I was living down in Florida it was totally different. You didnt see the usual drunken idiots falling around at 3am starting fights with random people on the street. You never know who is carrying ANYONE could be and the law protects them if you attack them they have the right to defend themselves with the weapons they are legally carrying.

Guns are bad in the wrong hands but I know that all of my friends over here have them yet I could count on one hand the amount of times I have actually seen them. They are not a big deal, they are kept concealed and are not toys. They have a purpose and if the need were to arise they would be used. The threat that anyone might have one keeps idiots in check.

Somhairle

Lifer
Guns are bad in the wrong hands but I know that all of my friends over here have them yet I could count on one hand the amount of times I have actually seen them. They are not a big deal, they are kept concealed and are not toys. They have a purpose and if the need were to arise they would be used. The threat that anyone might have one keeps idiots in check.

Exactly, having the option to properly defend yourself is a deterrent in itself. Nothing gives anyone the right to break into your home or attack you.

The amount of times I've had the Belfast slabbers have a go when i've been out for a meal with my girl is unreal. But what can ya do when your with your girl and theres 4 lads having a go?

Ive said it my whole life as Ive had my firearms cert since I was 18, both in the Republic and here. Guns arent dangerous, its the fucking idiots that hold the illegal ones that are.

The thing about here is, I would always store my Rifles at the police station as there's so many people that will bust into your house to steal them and if I was to point a rifle at an intruder I'm facing Intent with a deadly weapon.

I normally let things blow over, but what I said earlier happened 2 minutes from my house and I don't like the idea of it being so close to home!

:freddy: :shoot:

Guye

Lifer
I don't own a gun and I don't imagine I ever will but I'm a bit ashamed to admit that now and again I sleep with a sword next to me. Barbados is a relatively safe place. Only in recent years the police started patrolling with sidearms, and some still use clubs only. I have long decided if someone was trying to take my stuff, money even my beloved starlet and the choice was material things or my life...take the stuff. Having said that, if you're trying to kill me, rape my girl, harm my family in the process...I will punch, kick, headbutt, slash, stab & bite you to death! The police can have what's left...

ep91_bham

Fresh Recruit
i would and probably most people would kick the f**k out of them what give them the right to go into your home and make it even worse to take things that you have worked hard for , and it happening quit allot lately around my area and getting worse so i would do anything in my power because once you back down expect it to get worse

corofin12345

Member +
i tell ya if i found anyone in this house id earth him 2 the bench in my garage and practice my welding on him.. im sure you can get some good arc on earthed scum

Somhairle

Lifer
But really lads,

its easily enough said, and I would do the same as most and possibly worse.

But are you willing to go to prison for doing it? Because thats what will happen!

Even on appeal, you'll get sent down for some knob robbing you, until its overturned.

The law is fucked up here.

Buy everything you want, work hard and earn it, the more expensive the better.

But try to defend it, and get used to walls and bars.

Som.

corofin12345

Member +
no one will ever find him and who would know that he was at mine robbing it... if i was robbing a place i woulndt tell anyone i was doin it.. on the other hand man handle him into the hot press and lock the door then call the police/gards

Last edited:

Somhairle

Lifer
on the other hand man handle him into the hot press and lock the door then call the police/gards

Then get charged with holding a person against their will?

Thats much the same as kidnap if the cunt even as much as says he was meant to be there.....

I'm realising that I REALLY FUCKING HATE THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY

Som..

corofin12345

Member +
that or prevent it from happening at all are get yourself one of these

Image074.jpg

corofin12345

Member +
hes a pet but scares the shit out of everyone that comes by.. great deterrent.. ya man the law is very crooked... i was brought 2 court for dangours driving before cause of some fucker rang the gards sayin they saw me at whatever place doin whatever... i wasnt near the place.. in fact it was a lad i dont get on well with.. i got away with it but i still had 2 pay a solicitor 250 euro for the day... fucked up