should my rrfpr make noise?

Ady

Member +
i fitted my rrfpr yesterday, and turned the boost up to 1 bar :D

just wondering, should the regulator make noise? mine makes a slight clicky/whirry noise when the engine is under load. eg. pulling away or going up a hill.
its not really loud, but loud enough for me to notice it!

btw 1 bar is soooooo fun!! :rockon:

Ady

Member +
its set to 50 psi on idle with the vacuum attatched.

my mate told me to set it at that, because he tuned his old starlet to 170bhp, and he is a well respected mechanic/tuner at k-tec racing.

should it not make any noise?

sx_turbo

Lifer
mine doesnt make any noise, and yes 1bar is so much fun, just make sure you get double checked fuelling wise fella, my fpr was set at 3.7bar and was still running massively lean before i got the fuelling setup.

Ady

Member +
its an fse one off dave burwash, was brand new.

its mounted on one of the brackets where the stock airbox was mounted.

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
rrfpr making noises?!
never heard anything similar..
a fuel pump yes, but not an rrfpr!

gt-stu

Member +
unbolt it from where its mounted and check this.my mate has this problem on his legacy.then again yoove got it set at a pretty high pressure

starbogt

Member +
I had the same 1 off FSE and it started clicking when under load and whirring badly it kept adjusting itself daily the pressure kept getting high (still does now??) I found a crack underneath where the gauge goes in sent it back got replacement and now doesn't make any noise!! but still self adjusts. Makes no sense..

TurboDave

Member +
My mate has a brand new genuine sard one and it makes a strange sort of whirring/surging noise even on tickover and the pressure isnt even very high.

Its realy strange.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
rrfpr making noises?!
never heard anything similar..
a fuel pump yes, but not an rrfpr!

lol i was thinking that too keith hehe..

but man 50psi of fuel pressure for a ct9 @ 1bar lol.. thats really not healthy..

what can i say, these britts love their fuel :homer: