Spark plugs

As above, what best spark plug to use? brand, plug code, heat range, material, gap etc? (Mods everything related to run a ct9 hybrid turbo at approx 1 bar etc).I want to change mine as part of the routine service (till now i have plugs about 22k km old and still with no problems, im using Denso IK22 iridiums).Already used the search engine about whats evrybody are using etc but want to make last confirmation before i decide what to go!

thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

Ted

Member +
think at 22kms youre due a change. iridiums are fine , heat range 8. lot of other so called 'branded' items are just rebadged iridiums

sx_turbo

Lifer
there are different grades of plugs,

you can get copper plugs in different heat ranges, and you can get iridium plugs and race plugs all in different heat ranges

GT_Irl

Member +
there are different grades of plugs,

you can get copper plugs in different heat ranges, and you can get iridium plugs and race plugs all in different heat ranges

Could you reccommend me some uprated ngk plugs for a ct9 starlet at 1bar? I have just normal cheapest ngk ones, want to get better ones!

standard gap is 1.2mm then is it? so its better to go for 0.7mm? what will be benefits of less gap? and yes heat range 7 to go better for me, never had any probs

sx_turbo

Lifer
a 0.7 gap will mean there is less chance of the spark being blown out, a 1.2mm gap is fine for stock, but not when tuned.

@ gt irl- i recomend ngk bkr7eix for your setup :)

addz

Member +
Not sure on gaps but NGK grade 7's are decent.

Been using them for a little while now and are perfect.