## T25 Turbo On A 4e ? Any Good ? ##

cole

Member +
a lad i no was asking me if these would be any good on a starlet 4e

i didnt have a clue so thort id ask you guys ?

does anybody no owt about them

MentaLEP91

Member +
by t25 you mean the old garrett journal-bearing t25 series right? im after one myself, its a good turbo, servicable, offers a nice boost range for the 4efte but choosing a turbo for your should suit only ur needs mate.

for example if u need a drag car, u will end up with a big turbo like td05 or 2876 (imo)

cole

Member +
by t25 you mean the old garrett journal-bearing t25 series right? im after one myself, its a good turbo, servicable, offers a nice boost range for the 4efte but choosing a turbo for your should suit only ur needs mate.

for example if u need a drag car, u will end up with a big turbo like td05 or 2876 (imo)

what boost they good for and power ?

also what do they spool like

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmm the old t25 boosts efficiently just like the gt2554r. until 1.4 its all good (im like 95% sure of this) with a good management and all supporting mods, at 1 bar u should see like 200-220bhp appox.

about the spool of the t25, i think its a liiiitle lagier than a 2554 so its 1bar at 3400-3500 i think mate

MentaLEP91

Member +
that shouldn't be right mate. i mean getting a 0.8bar at that revs, looks like it got some serious problems. even a td05 can get a 0.8 at lower revs, not a t25 which is rly smaller than that. anyway

dantheman

Member +
depends what type of t25... a hybrid one will work well on a 4e, like a rover coupe turbo, with a t28 comp wheel. aze_b had a hybrid t25 from a punto gt on his old 4e and i *think it made around 260-270bhp at 1.5bar or something like that. boosts between 3-4k rpm

Spoonz

Member +
depends what type of t25... a hybrid one will work well on a 4e, like a rover coupe turbo, with a t28 comp wheel. aze_b had a hybrid t25 from a punto gt on his old 4e and i *think it made around 260-270bhp at 1.5bar or something like that. boosts between 3-4k rpm

Thats quite good with that power at that revs

Asad

Member +
Hey cole,

I was looking into putting it on mine to see what it could do. Theres different variants though of the T25. A hybrid would probably see it becoming a BB which is the way really. The GT series are really good from what Iv heard but dearer.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the old T25's where very popular back in the day, however turbo wise it is very boring, will give 1bar at around 3200rpms & pulls nicely so to speak..however its not capable of over 250~260bhp..

a basic turbo if u want to go over 200bhp but keep everything stock, id say its more or less a slighly smaller upgrade to the td04L..

kon

HITMAN

Member +
i have a garrete t25 an it spool 2600rpm 1bar at 3500rpm and the rebuild kit it easy to get i have using it for 1yr now and no problems with the turbo.:drive:

munday

Member +
the old T25's where very popular back in the day, however turbo wise it is very boring, will give 1bar at around 3200rpms & pulls nicely so to speak..however its not capable of over 250~260bhp..

a basic turbo if u want to go over 200bhp but keep everything stock, id say its more or less a slighly smaller upgrade to the td04L..

kon

If its who i think it is then its not forged or anything yet, and less common than TD04 so he should just stop pussying around any get it.

Its a hybrid he wants too *IF its who i think it is*

:drive:

cole

Member +
If its who i think it is then its not forged or anything yet, and less common than TD04 so he should just stop pussying around any get it.

Its a hybrid he wants too *IF its who i think it is*

:drive:

yep it is who u think it is

TO82

Member +
What else is required to run this turbo on the 4E, do they need an oil restrictor, and any other parts?